Sunday, July 11, 2010

STRAWBERRY TRIFLE

I thought I would share one of our favorite Summer desserts with you today

STRAWBERRY TRIFLE


Not only is it yummy, but it is super easy to make



Wash and cut two packs (or one large) of starwberries



Sprinkle with sugar (optional, but excellent for strawberries that aren't sweet yet)



Mix 1 large package of instant vanilla pudding with 2 cups of cold milk
(I use fat free pudding and fat free milk)
Let the pudding firm up



Mix in a 16oz container of sourcream
(I use fat free)



mix in a 22oz container of cool whip
(I use fat free)




mix until smooth



cut/break up an angel food cake
(I use store bought, because I am lazy in the Summer)



Layer and Enjoy



I have also used the this recipe with bananas and vanilla waffers, It is an excellent jumping off point to just about any combination you can think of

Cha Cha


I am linking here

8 comments:

Between You and Me said...

one of our favorites...

A Southern Rose said...

This looks yummy! Gonna have to try it.

Unknown said...

Looks good! I think I could eat the whole bowl.

Nancy

Jeanette said...

How good does that sound? Yummy.

nest of posies said...

this looks incredible.

i love summer & all the fun cool sweets. i can only imagine how much cooking you have been doing in your beauty of a kitchen!

love easy stuff too.

alright, going to try to sleep again. did you all have any big t-storms? i am wide eyed right now...

Rustown Mom said...

Refrig desserts are the best in the summer! This looks so good, I am adding the ingredients to my grocery list (: Thanks!

Brenda said...

Thats a perfect summer time dessert!

Kari said...

This looks SO good - thanks so much for sharing, I can't wait to try it out!