Friday, December 17, 2010

Yummy Peppermint Bark

Do you love peppermint bark?

We do, so last year I set out to make some and read hundreds of recipes from the very simple to very complex--making candy can be crazy hard if you are technical and stuff.
Lucky for us I can't be bothered with technical so I decided to just wing it.
You know what,
 it worked,
Not only is it Yummy but it is very easy and makes a great gift.


Here is what you will need:

Pan lined with foil
1 pound semi sweet chocolate
1 pound white chocolate
1 bag peppermint candy
cute dish


Line your pan with foil, told you it was easy.


Grab a bag of semi-sweet chocolate chips
(any chocolate chips left over from friends weddings will work great)


Pour Chocolate into your makeshift double boiler (glass bowl over boiling water in a pan).



melt and stir


melt and stir


when the chocolate is completely melted pour onto foil lined pan smooth out and place in freezer


unwrap peppermint candies and place in zip top bag


then have some fun crushing them
this part is a frustration reducer



Ahhh, I feel better already



Grab your white chocolate,
put it into your double broiler


stir and melt



stir and melt.

But here is the HARD part
WAIT
YOU MUST WAIT!!!
See if you pour the melted white chocolate onto the frozen dark chocolate then you will have a big mess, because the white chocolate will melt the dark chocolate and they will mix together and lets just say it is not pretty


So find your patience and wait at least 10 minutes.



Once the white chocolate is cool to the touch pour it onto the dark chocolate and smooth,
immediately add the crushed peppermint candies.



Stick it back into the freezer for 30 minutes



remove from the freeze


remove from the pan and cut into pieces


Place into cute dish and there you have it Yummy peppermint bark.



Hope you enjoy,




Sit Relax and Read

8 comments:

nest of posies said...

this is wonderful.

i have been craving peppermint since dec 1st. and it hasn't stopped. love peppermint bark.

can't wait to catch up after christmas.

have a merry weekend.

xoxo

Unknown said...

adding this to my list!! thank you!!

Traci Michele said...

Those look great Cha Cha! I'm totally going to make these for next Christmas! YUMMMMMY!

Thanks again,
Traci

Andréann said...

I tasted it ( got one piece in a card from the mail) for the first time this week!
I adored it, of course.
Now that I see how simple it is, there's no holding me back!

Kat said...

I love peppermint bark, I have made it before with just the white chocolate, but I am going to try your way. Looks delish!!!

The Pennington Point said...

I've never had it before. It looks yummy! We will have to make some this next week. Lisa~

Sarah Pinault said...

Just finished my first batch - easy and delicious, thanks for checking out all those recipes so I didn't have to. Have a Happy Christmas!

Anonymous said...

we are making this today!!

xomichele