Sunday, February 6, 2011

Sentimental Sunday #10

Hi Lovelies,
am I ever glad to be back to a normal routine and to Sentimental Sundays.
Today I am going to share something I have had in my purse or the last 12 years
(hmmm, I wonder how many purses I have had in the last 12 years).


See the pretty silver key chain, my mom bought it for me when I was about 12 weeks pregnant with my first daughter.  I was in the hospital very sick and it was a gift to cheer me up.  I have treasured it and carried it everyday since.

Fast forward to 3 weeks ago and I was in a crazy dash to find them to buy, you see I was determined to give them as gifts to a few people on my Blissdom trip. 
None of the gifts store around my house had them.
So.....
What's a girl to do but sweet talk her dad.
He assured me that he could make them, so off I went to the antique stores to find beautiful silverware.
Not only did he make some but he has taught me how to  make them and helped me to realize a dream that I have had of starting an Etsy shop.


My shop can be found here.

I plan to be adding more key chains to the shop as the day goes on and more gift items over time.

It is so nice when something you love inspires you to do something new and to grow as a person.

What are you Sentimental about?
Grab the button off my sidebar and link up.



Sit Relax and Read


Sit Relax and Read

12 comments:

The Pennington Point said...

Good for you! I am crazy about my key ring that you gave me. I will do a post about it soon and send people over to your shop. I'm excited for you! Lisa~

Michele said...

Here's my link about old family photos.

http://imperfectlywonderfulworld.blogspot.com/2011/02/old-family-photos.html

Lorri said...

I love them! What great idea.

Michele said...

Thanks for adding my link, friend! I'm sorry I didn't comment sooner. I was at a birthday party and I was borrowing my friends computer to quickly link up, but then I realized the link up was closed. Technology can be a blessing and a curse :) Best of luck with your new etsy shop! The keychains are so neat!

Anonymous said...

Good for you and good luck with your Etsy shop! Destiny

nest of posies said...

3 cheers for cha cha's treasures!

even my husband love my key chain. thank you so much for my custom treasure made by you. i will cherish it ~ always.

love you.
kellie

Susan said...

You having an etsy shop=brilliant! I linked to you on my blog today - have been waiting for your next Sentimental Sunday to post about the baby's room!
http://lightenmylife.blogspot.com/2011/02/nursery-on-shoestring-budget.html

Tiffini said...

I LOVE your keychain! Seriously! I will soon have to buy one. I would be carrying a piece of you with me:)
xo

Tiffini said...

p.s. I will put it in my post too tommorrow? Ok?

Opie Dawn said...

Congratulations Cha Cha! What a fabulous idea and from such a sweet beginning.

The Mustard Seed said...

Cha Cha,

So excited for your Etsy Shop, and somewhat envious, lol. Anyway, I think the key chains are a beautiful idea.
I can't wait til hubby can get my clothesline up so I will maybe have something to post for your sentimental Sundays.

And THANK YOU, sweet friend, for all the prayers for Judey Jude and our family. I truly treasure our your sweet friendship.

Angel

Kalleen at Second Street said...

congratulations. I think they are just wonderful. In fact I'm going to order one as soon as I decide which I like best.