Friday, August 20, 2010

Tomato Pie

So what do you do when your dad plants 125 tomato plants?  Eat tomatoes, then eat some more, give them away and eat even more.  So thought I would share one of favorite ways to eat tomatoes.

Tomato Pie

Don't panic it is savory not sweet.

Ingredients


2 large tomatoes or 3 medium
1 pie crust
1 T. Italian seasoning
6 slices cooked bacon
1/2 cup sour cream
1/4 mayo
1 cup sharp cheddar cheese
1T flour





cut tomatoes lay the out to drain extra moisture


cook bacon


blot tomatoes to get even more moisture out


add sour cream, mayo, flour, Italian seasoning, and cheese to a bowl


mix well


crumble bacon in the bottom of pie crust


layer tomatoes


cover with cheese mixture


bake at 350 for 30 minutes


then enjoy.


Cha Cha


I am linking here

10 comments:

Traci Michele said...

YUMMO!!!

Mama Thompson said...

Everything about that looks so delicious...I have a ton of tomatoes that will soon be living in some pie...thanks for sharing!

Miss Jan said...

Are you kidding me! I can smell it from here....lunch-my house-next week and your bringing the main dish!!!and my girls!

Unknown said...

Oh- My- Word! This is FANTABULOUS!!!

Kalleen at Second Street said...

yum. I think I'm going to have to try this.

Anne said...

Oh YUM! This combines all of my favorite things and I cannot WAIT to make it!!

nest of posies said...

we've tried this so many ways, but never with bacon. i will do this for sure. because it sounds perfect together!

yum yum yum.

Issa said...

Oh wow! That looks absolutely delicious! :P

Emily {Frilly Details} said...

My mouth is watering! Tomatoes, bacon and cheese? Yes please!!! It sounds heavenly!

Heidi said...

Hi I'm a guest and don't know you...but this recipe sounds divine!!! :) Is it 1/4 C. of mayo? Just want to make sure it's right before I bake it :) Thanks for sharing!!