Saturday, August 14, 2010

MOTHERHOOD






I have spent many hours thinking about motherhood the last few weeks.  I remember when I was coming home to be a full time mother a sweet lady reminded me of the Proverbs 31 mother and that her children would rise up and call her blessed.  I prayed that day that God would change my heart into that kind of mother.  I have made many mistakes along the way and given those around me many reasons to call me any thing but blessed, but I have been amazed at how God has changed me into a person that I would have never dreamed of becoming years before.  I see in small ways that scream loud to my soul my children calling me blessed, My little one just today sat on the porch and comforted me as I was having a hard moment.  My oldest trusted me with her heart break  and trusted my advice, oh thank you God.  I am so thankful that God has changed me and used me to raise his children the ones that I birthed but committed back to Him.  He has also trusted me with many other children. Children that I didn't birth, ones that I only get to mother for a short time. I am so thankful to have been who He chose for those moments. This week many of those children have called me blessed.  This week has been so beautiful as I have watched mothers bring their daughters back to me to mother this year for an hour a week, please know how much this means to me and what an honor it is.  To have these girls walk back into my classroom and wrap their arms around me and look at me with love, it  has brought me to my knees in praise.  I have been blessed to also recieve several letters this week thanking me for the moments when I have mothered others, tears have never flowed so freely.  Letters that have come from the "real" mother and even sweeter ones from the beautiful daughter, I am so thankful to be loved by each. I was blessed to spend a couple of hours with another this week talking of her future and it has been  such a joy to watch her become a woman, even though I joke that I didn't raise her ( thank you God for the blessing of moments in her life) to be as brave as she is.  Tomorrow I will get to see another one of mine and I can't wait to see what two months have brought into her life and how her heart has grown.  In all of this I have felt my Father say to me well done my good and faithful servant. 

After all that has happened this week I can't help but think of all the women who have mothered me.
1.  My mother, who loves and has loved me even when it wasn't easy and I was not lovable.  Thank you for choosing to be my mother through the hard and easy times, thank you for now choosing to be my friend, you are blessed and I love you.
2.  My grandmother who thaught me to sew and how to live a servants life, you are more meaningful to me than I could ever put into words.
3.  To my mother in law Glenna, for inviting me in and accepting me with love and always knowing the perfect gift.
4.  To my mother in law Judy for showing me forgiveness and love.
5.  For my Miss Jan thank you for mothering me, mentoring me and choosing to be my TRUE friend.
6.  For my Miss Betty, thank you for being willing to mother me in ways that I have only ever trusted you to do.

Please know there are many others, too numerous to list, I am thankful to each of you.

Have your chidren called you blessed recently, or do you need to call someone else blessed today.
Or....... has your mothering ever been called into question, if so, know that your heavenly Father knows your heart and wants to tell you well done.

10 comments:

The Pennington Point said...

Beautiful. I am glad you know how blessed you are! You have quite a list of women that have mothered you in some way. It is an honor to know you and watch you become the woman God wants you to be. Lisa~

Anonymous said...

Such a beautiful and honest post and I love that just as you were blessed by kind words, you decided to turn around and bless the "mothers" in your life with such lovely sentiments. The circle of life, the circle of love... Destiny

Casey said...

Cha Cha, I am so touched and impressed by your beautiful, heartfelt, thoughtful words. All of the children you have touched are blessed to have such a thoughtful presence in their lives, whether it's every day or for just a few moments. The ladies who have mothered you have done a great job.

Carolyn @ My Backyard Eden said...

What a touching post, Cha cha. I'm reading this with tears in my eyes. You are truly blessed. I've been trying to remind myself of this same thing while dealing with my teenaged son this week.

Have a blessed week.

Jemsmom said...

What an absolutely lovely post. I think we all need to hear that! Enjoy your weekend!

Opie Dawn said...

Cha Cha,
Such sweet and lovely words of encouragement and praise!

Miss Jan said...

I love you with all my heart and you just added joyful tears to a very emotional mother.

Magic Brush said...

Wow that was good!!!!!!! The Proverbs 31 woman is my hero!!! Thank you for this post.

Anonymous said...

Hey girlfriend! Oh how I strive to be a Proverbs 31 woman everyday. You have it going on my friend :)
I had to laugh at your comment on my post. You are just like me checking everything out..ha! We used 3 rolls of paper towels and really need a 4th. I still need to pick more up at the market but have yet to leave the house..ha! I did pull my slip covers off of my couch and chairs. I'm getting ready for the fall and like the white look for spring :)
I enjoy your outfit post...too cute! have a great day my friend!

nest of posies said...

i think the pleasure has got to be in the mommies that bring their girls to YOU!
i can only imagine the safe, blessed, secure feeling the mothers have when they drop off their girls for you to teach. i know you are a treasure to them!

this post is just beautiful. i read it a day ago, but couldn't see to type because of my tears.

i can't wait to see you in real life. you & your girls are beautiful!