Friday, August 30, 2013

Saying Yes

A few years ago there was a turning point with my walk with God,
a point of an all or nothing decision. 
Thankfully, I chose all.
I had no idea what the decision would do to my life at the time or that it would change everything about me on some level.  I remember a prayer time with God where I told Him that my answer was YES.  YES to whatever He would ask of me in the future.  I would Submit my will and desires to Him.  I would submit my attitude and judgments to Him.  I would submit my time and possessions to Him.  I would submit my gifts and talents to Him.  It started small and I can not say that I have done ALL the first time that He has asked or that it has all been easy to surrender and I am for sure not finished… sanctification is until the end.  But here is what I do know because I have trusted and stepped out in faith I have been places and done things for Christ that I know I am not worthy or capable of.  I have watched the God of the universe use me to do things that I know are not in my skill set.  Each new step has shown me that it was never about me and what I can do but always about what needed to be done and the power of God through the Holy Spirit that can and does preform miracles.  With each and every YES that I have given God, I have been amazed at what He has done with it.  He has provided all that was needed and taken care of every detail.  All He ever needed from me was faith big enough to say YES!
Cha Cha and Babbie Mason
Picture by the fabulous Coleen Verner
Is God calling you to say YES, today?   I pray that each of you who read this will have the faith to say YES to God and the call He has on your life.  Step out and know that all He needs is a YES from you, He will provide the rest.

The apostles said to the Lord, “Increase our faith!”
He replied, “If you have faith as small as a mustard seed, you can say to this mulberry tree, ‘Be uprooted and planted in the sea,’ and it will obey you.       
                                                                                                                  Luke 17:5-6
 
This faith walk is an exciting adventure, one that I am excited to share with you!
 
Charity






1 comment:

Unknown said...

I’m trampled for the blogs writings and also blogs.