Wednesday, May 20, 2015

Chatting with Charity ~ 14

 
Good Morning!
 
Today, I am excited to share with you a book that I discovered several years ago.  The book is called Personality Plus, by Florence Littauer
 
 
 
This book is about the study of temperaments and places everyone's temperament into one of four categories.   Each of the temperament categories has strengths and weaknesses and these are normally where conflict with others happen.  Normally, we expect that what is easy or obvious to us should also be to everyone else and that is where hurt feelings and disappointment often happen.  The enemy would love for this to rip apart relationships but the cool thing is God means for our strengths to cover others weaknesses.  What a beautiful vision of the body of Christ that is, that your strength can cover my weakness and my strength can cover yours.  I wonder what the world would think if they could see the church living this out regularly?  Also, what if I stopped saying that is just the way I am with my weaknesses and actually took ownership of them and started to die to myself and allow God to live through me more.  WOW!  That is a change that I am sure my family and those close to me would like. 
 
For those of you wondering...I am a Choleric and I my weaknesses are: anger, revenge, opinionated, insensitive, unemotional, impatient, unsympathetic, sarcastic, cruel, domineering, inconsiderate, unforgiving, manipulative, bored with details, demanding, intolerant of errors.  Whew, for sure I am not naturally warm and fuzzy!
 
Have you ever read this book or others about temperaments?
What is yours?
 
 
Charity 
 

No comments: