Monday, July 12, 2010

HOME SWEET HOME

Home Sweet Home, I remember being a kid and loving that saying and it has stuck with me all these years.  As much as I love to go on adventures my favorite place is always my home.
There is alway a sense of peace when I pass through the front door and the comfort of knowing that everything I love most lives in these walls.
So, I sweet talked Hubby into helping make a sign that declares my love of home.


It wasn't hard to make, but somewhere along the way I have lost all the action pictures, except this first one of the letters.  So here's what we did.

Cut beadboard and painted it blue
Made a frame out of trim painted it cream
Glazed both with a brown glaze
Stained the wooden letters
Wood glued the letters on

Easy, peasy

Now the sign hangs over the piano and I have a picture wall planned to go underneath
But...... that is another day.



Cha Cha


I am linking here

8 comments:

Amy Chalmers said...

clever! nice saying and so true!!

nest of posies said...

i think it's one of the best saying there is.
the comfort of your own walls, there's nothing that can compare.

wishing you all a beautiful day.
xo

p.s. i love the bead board backing.

The Pennington Point said...

Glad you're home. :) The sign is great. Lisa~

Sawdust Girl said...

This is so cute.

The homesteadingcottage said...

So lovely! Most of the "Home Sweet Home" signs you see are small or in needle point. This sign has character and a great design quality. LOVE IT (:

Michele
XOXO

Unknown said...

That is darling. And easy. Thanks for sharing.
Brooke

The Decorating Diaries said...

Very cute. I like the beadboard backing.

Janet

Heidi said...

I love the blue behind the letters! Can't wait to see your framed wall underneath it.