Friday, March 30, 2012

If My Husband Were a Hunter

Well,
If my husband were a hunter I imagine I would have chic antlers displayed on my walls but my husband is not a hunter, he is a restorer.  A restorer of vintage autos and because of this hobby you can find the carcass of a couple of dead trucks on our land.  A few months ago I asked Hubby to build me a gallery wall behind our newly recovered sofa.  He agreed and we got busy.  I knew I wanted the wall to display the girls art work and a United States map but I was looking for something funky to add to it and that is when the idea hit me.  I wanted the1966 Chevy truck grill.  It took a few day to get the nerve up to ask Hubby but once I did he was all for it.  We were careful not to damage it and built a structure behind it for support.  In the vintage truck world it is worth a good chunk of money and I have already had someone ask about buying it.  I do not want to sell it but there is a dollar figure that WILL get it off the wall and into someone else’s care, ha.  I love the way it looks and think it is the perfect funky thing I was looking for but the best part is the sweet and sentimental fact that my husband’s passion is now represented in our home.  My girl’s art mixed with their daddy’s art, glorious.
1966 Chevy truck grill
I love, love, love this.
008
My baby girl’s sunflower painting under my favorite Bible verse.
009
The Lord’s prayer print from France was a gift from a dear friend who spent the summer there.
gallery wall
We still have to make a frame for the map (it is #42 of the list of 927 things we still need to do around the house).
1966 Chevy truck grill

018
This room is quickly becoming my favorite in the whole house, the recovered sofa, the lampshade makeover and now the art wall, they all make my heart sing.
019
The tangerine tango flower is what inspired this entire wall.  My oldest girlie created it 3 or 4 years ago and from the moment I laid eyes on it …..I knew I wanted a gallery wall to display it.  Hope you think my funky wall is as cool as I do.

Cha Cha

7 comments:

Sally @DrinkingFromMySaucer said...

Lookin' good, girlfriend! Happy Friday! ~Sally

Renee said...

I love, love, love the grill! And my husband really does hunt.

Made In The South said...

I Love it!! What a fabulous wall to display a little part of every member of the family. My dad owned an auto parts store, crazy but I love old car parts. I think it will be a great conversation starter. LOL

Heidi @ Decor & More said...

Cha Cha, this ROCKS! Absolutely inspired and I love that hubby was on board. :) I have antlers and fishing lures and decoys... so ho-hum compared to this. :)
xo Heidi

Sundi @ The Life of a Cheap Chickadee said...

WOW! That is original! I love the bumper and was immediately drawn to this in the linky parties! Can I just tell you that I think some funky colorful throw pillows would look awesome with that couch?!

The Pennington Point said...

Wow! It looks wonderful! I love how the couch turned out, I love the wall and the bumper is the perfect topper. So I guess this means that I should have ledger books attached to my walls? ;) Lisa~

codigo promocional said...

Wow,It really nice paintings frames are hang on the wall it look so beautiful.This kind of pictures are really increase the beauty in the home.