Wednesday, October 8, 2014

Easy Dinner Prep Ideas ~ episode 1

I don't know about you but I love to cook....except for at 4:30 each night.  By that time of day I am tired and my brain is mush.  Because of this I try everything in my power to do things before this time of day.  Normally I will do some prep for dinner each morning, it helps keep me from the afternoon panic of having NOTHING thawed to eat!  But one of my best tips ~by far~ is to cook lots of meat recipes ahead of time and freeze them.  I am going to share a few ideas here.

Our all time favorite and easiest ever is what we call 
Salsa Chicken
Are you ready for the easiest recipe ever?

Here is what you will need:

Crock pot
8-10 Chicken Breast
2 jars (16 oz) of your favorite Salsa

Rinse and dry your chicken, place in crock pot, pour over 1 jar of salsa, cook on low 8 hours.  Remove chicken breast, shred using two forks, place in a mixing bowl, pour over second jar of salsa, mix, separate into freezer bags freeze. I told you it was easy!!!!  We use this in pasta, Cheesy Chicken Enchiladas, and over rice.  It is as yummy as it is easy!


Recipe number two is just as easy.

BBQ Chicken

Here is what you will need:


Crock pot
8-10 Chicken Breast
2 jars (16 oz) of your BBQ Sauce

Rinse and dry your chicken, place in crock pot, pour over 1 jar of BBQ sauce, cook on low 8 hours.  Remove chicken breast, shred using two forks, place in a mixing bowl, pour over second jar of BBQ sauce, mix, separate into freezer bags freeze.  We use this for BBQ sandwiches and in Brunswick stew.



I do this same idea with 

Taco Meat

I just brown my Ground beef, drain, season, separate, and freeze.


Do you make any thing ahead of time to help make dinner time easier?


Charity



No comments: