Wednesday, August 12, 2015

Chatting with Charity ~ 23




I have to be honest today and tell you that I am in over my head this week! It is the first week of school for us, I have a few extra work commitments, we have the luau, and I am preparing for the Be Amazing Bible study I will start teaching next week, AND our garden has been producing ab...out 10 gallons of tomatoes every other day. Soon, we will be overtaken by tomatoes! Anyway...I had a heartfelt post that I wanted to do today but I haven't had time to think it through enough...so I thought I would share one of the things I am doing with the gallons and gallons of tomatoes coming from our garden.

Tomato Pie
2 tomatoes sliced
1 pie crust
1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
6 slices of bacon cooked and crumbled
1/4 cup mayo
1/4 cup sour cream
1 cup sharp cheddar cheese
1 teaspoon flour

Preheat oven to 350*, cook pie crust for 10 min., layer bottom with tomato slices, mix other ingredients together, spoon over the top of the tomatoes, bake for 30- 35 minutes. Let cool for 10-15 minutes and enjoy!
 
Charity

No comments: