Wednesday, July 29, 2015

Chatting with Charity ~ 22



 Good Morning! How are you enjoying the HEAT and HUMIDITY? I will admit that I am dreaming of crisp cool mornings and days that my hair doesn't melt from the humidity...but until those days come I have been trying to beat the heat by serving a cold plate dinner a couple of nights per week. One of my current favorites is pimento cheese and today I am sharing my recipe! It ...is a simple recipe and made from things I am normally stocked up on.

Pimento Cheese

2 cups shredded extra-sharp Cheddar cheese
8 ounces cream cheese, softened
1/2 cup mayonnaise
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and minced (optional)
1 (4 ounce) jar diced pimento, drained salt and pepper to taste

Mix all the ingredients together, I do this in my food processor because I like it to be very smooth but you can just use a spoon if you like it chunky and serve with veggies, pretzels, or on a sandwich. Now, sit back and be thankful you kitchen is not hot from cooking ;)

Do you have any cold plate dinner ideas? Or any great ways to beat the heat?
 
Charity

No comments: