Wednesday, November 11, 2015

CHatting with Charity ~ 33




Good morning!!!! Can you believe that we are already in the middle of November?!? Christmas will be here before we know it.  Today, I wanted to share with you something we did with our girls a few years ago.  When my girls were little I would set out to find the perfect advent to do with them during the Christmas season, I never found anything that was just perfect for us.  It seemed that every study I would find would not fit their ages or require too much prep work for the already too busy season or was more about the girls getting some little gift everyday than about preparing our hearts for the celebration of Christ first coming and His second coming.  So...I came up with my own idea! 
Names of God Advent
It was very simple! I gathered a small table top Christmas tree, some cute ball ornaments, and a paint pen.  Each day we would study a name of God or an attribute of God.  After our study we would write the name/attribute on one of the ornaments and hang it on the tree.  How better to prepare our hearts for His coming than to spend time studying who He is.  Now those ornaments are displayed in a glass dish and I love bringing them out year after year and going over His names.  It has become a favorite tradition.
What is your favorite advent study or tradition?

Charity

1 comment:

Ridzi Arora said...

What is this blog all means which you shared daily. I try to understand but can't find anything.