Monday, December 28, 2009

MY FAVORITE THING TO DO

Everyone who knows me will tell you I have two favorite things to do when given down time, one is lay on the beach ( since I only have 50 bucks, this is out ) and two is to go junking ( this could be yard sales, thrift stores, or antique shops ).  Yesterday Sweet Hubby and I had the day to ourselves---THANKS MOM---and being the wonderful man that he is, let me pick what to do.  So I picked junking of course, so off we went to our local Goodwill. Yes it's out, I love Goodwill.  Sweet Hubby was making fun of my love for Goodwill so I broke it down for him like this:


The deals are amazing
No one else can go buy the exact same thing
It is my way of recycling
It makes you be creative, seldom do I buy things in finished form
It lets me be creative without going broke


These are all great reasons in my mind.  So here are what 50 bucks got me at Goodwill yesterday...


I got this to use for a picture I already have.  I plan to paint the frame and put the new picture in soon.



Check out all of these classics, they are books we can use in homeschooling.  They are all in perfect condition and new were $10 each.



These are two great early readers for my youngest, she loves anything with animals.



I have great plan for these pretty domes, can't wait to show you.



The girls are going to be so excited about this.  I have be looking for one for awhile.  This one is all metal no plastic.



Sweet Hubby got jean for working in,  he restores old cars ( more on this later ) and destroys his pants.



My oldest got sweet pj pants



She also got a bath robe to keep her warm



And my personnel favorite is the vintage wool coat I found for myself .



I just love the double collar detail




SO DO YOU OR DON'T YOU GOODWILL?

IF YOU DO WHAT ARE SOME OF YOUR FAVORITE FINDS?



Sit Relax and Read

19 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awwww I wish we had something like Goodwill etc here in Germany in the part where I live.. We don't even have yard sales = try to be creative = makes yo go bankrupt anyway oooor it makes you creative so you can be creative :D

Sarah and the Gentlemen said...

Oh! What great finds! I don't go to Goodwill often enough. I'm glad you had fun. (And since you only had $50 those books must have been 10 cents each?)
Thanks for stopping by my blog. Have a happy new year!

Kitchen Butterfly said...

Fantastic....I love thrift/charity shopping cause I get the best deals....and rare finds for next to nothing. I love the metal dispenser and the glass covers. Today I went to my local charity shop called Kringloop but they're closed till January 4th! Have a blessed holiday

Courtney Baker said...

I love love love that wool coat. I'm so jealous. Oh yes I do. It's always hit or miss for me. I've found some great old china before!

Linda (Nina's Nest) said...

Yes, I do love to go to GW! My favorite finds are a country French chair and an Ethan Allen hutch. Although I do love 2 metal Southern Living baskets I found for my daughter and DIL. In fact, I just ran in to GW today...didn't buy anything, but I saw some good items. You did great! Linda

Moore Minutes said...

Wow! Great work! I would love to have those children's classics. And that gumball machine is adorable.

Pauline Wiles said...

You did really great! The gumball machine is probably worth nearly $50 all by itself.

Clare said...

I LOVE the vintage coat.

I always shop at the Goodwill. I have found the perfect purse, jeans and also dresses there. Good job.

Thank you for stopping by my blog today. I appreciate it.

Tidy Brown Wren said...

Every year, a dear friend and I spend one whole day together thrifting. We hit every thrift store/junk shop and have lunch together. We always find amazing deals. It's a great way to spend a day with a friend.

Linda@CraftaholicsAnonymous said...

Love that wool coat! Great find!
Linda

Kristy said...

I love going to thrift stores, too! I love the prospect of taking something ugly and turning it into something beautiful. I figure that's what God is doing with us, after all. :-)

Thanks for stopping by my blog!

Angelia (Texas) said...

My mom is big thrift store shopper and she has the cutest clothes! I get frustrated. I guess I'm not patient enough to pick through the mountains of clothes. :-( Maybe I should try again though??

Jessica said...

Wow, those are some amazing finds. I've gone garage sale-ing, but haven't made it in to Goodwill yet. After seeing the haul that you came home with, I think I need to go find the local Goodwill and see what they've got. I am a big fan of freecycle though & have got some great things through that.

Treasia Stepp said...

Fantastic finds! I love all things vintage and especially clothing. That coat is gorgeous.

Mandy said...

You did find some great items. I love Goodwill. I haven't been in awhile and this makes me think I need to make a trip. The coat you found is fabulous. I love it!!

Barbara Jean said...

Definitely a Goodwill/thrift store/garage sale gal here! =))

Have found tons of great deals, could not even pick out a special one to tell about.

blessings

barbara jean

PS You had some great finds!

Katy @ Eat Drink & Decorate said...

Goodwill'n is in my blood. My mother and aunt love to find a deal there, yard sales, etc. Great finds! Thanks for coming by the blog!!

Happy New Year!!

Rhonda said...

Hi, I am new to your blog! I too love to find deals at yard sales and thrift stores. Love the black bubble gum machine. I've never seen a black one before. Are you planning on doing what I did for my boys for Christmas? Check it out. http://rhondas3boys.blogspot.com/2009/12/christmas-surprise.html

Olivia @ Swan White Curtain said...

What would life be like without Goodwill?! Somehow I seem to always find neat designer shoes there. I love that bubble gum machine too. I think if I found one, I could make it into a fish tank for a pretty beta fish. Have fun with it!