Tuesday, December 22, 2009

World Vision Update



Well, the girls have collected all their bake sale money for World Vision and counted it forty seven times.




They raise $80.00 (that is a lot of cookies and water), and after much shopping have decided on five ducks and four chickens.  They are so excited to give this gift, to people they don't even know.  People they will never even see a reaction from or get a thank you.  I want to give that freely, without expectation.  I know I fall so short of this and am humbled by the lesson God is teaching me though my children.  The heart of a child what an amazing thing.  I hope the family that receives these animals know how much they are loved by two little girls and by their Heavenly Father.




This is a follow up to this World Vision post




Sit Relax and Read

6 comments:

Kat said...

This is so incredibly sweet! The school I used to teach in did this and it was so fun choosing the gifts to give. God bless you and your sweet girls! Merry Christmas!

Brooke said...

that's incredible that at their age they see a need and are eager to be used to minister!

SAHSHA said...

How awesome your sweet girls are! May the LORD bless them one-hundred fold!

cynthia said...

oh Charity...this is awesome! just reading this post brought tears to my eyes

and your words "give freely, without expectation"...those words are so powerful (i'm writing them down right now and putting them on my refrigerator!)

thank you for sharing this!

merry christmas to you and your family!

Katie said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog! I love what you did w/ World Vision! I am a teacher at a Christian school and we have done several projects w/for them. Great job! Way to start them YOUNG!~ All the best! :)

Rhonda Lou said...

how awesome.... We have sponsored a child for several years... and I write and send small packages to our child and my grandson's sponsored child.... our church does a reverse gift card where you buy it and give it to someone and all the $ is sent to World Vision to Katito Kenya for clean water wells.... God bless your family!
rhondalou72@yahoo.com