Saturday, December 12, 2009

QUICK AND EASY CHRISTMAS DECORATION


I was getting ready to host a Christmas party on Friday and just didn't feel like I had enough decoration in my kitchen.  We all know people camp out in the kitchen at parties, so I wanted it to have a little something more. Low on time and money, I knew I would need to be crafty, so I did as  The Nester says and shopped my house.  I found an old picture frame in the room where things go to die (the storage room).  I always have a large stash of craft paints so I went to town painting the frame. I painted two coats of a custom mixed ( to get the right shade) paint and one coat of a metallic glaze.


After the paint dried I found some sheer white ribbon with my gift wrapping supplies and three ornaments that would compliment my kitchen and used the ribbon to tie the ornaments onto the frame. Here is the end product, I think it turned out great.




I plan to link up with The Nesting Place's Christmas tour of homes on Monday and will show off some other rooms of the house.

Sit Relax and Read

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

First off, your kitchen is adorable! The picture framing ornaments is brilliant and works so well in your kitchen!

carolyn said...

Stopped by from Bakerella! Looks like the day was so much fun-

Love your Nester-inspired idea too!

Sarah @HarriganHowdy said...

Oh, that's a really great idea!!! (The ornaments in the frame) I'll have to keep that in mind for next year's decorations. :)

Blessings- Sarah

Recaptured Charm said...

I LIKE it ! Sometimes the simple things are the nicest. I love the idea.

Dena Pickle said...

OMG that is just tooo cute! And i love that you thought of it on the fly so to speak!
Dena

Stacey @ Fun to Craft said...

Your kitchen is gorgeous!! I love it! Everything is so beautiful really. I adore the frame with the ornaments hanging down too. Thanks for sharing!!

Jess @ Just a Blink said...

Your frame is super cute! The green you chose is just right! Love it!

Maureen said...

It doesn't get better than that! Love this idea. Merry Christmas!

susan said...

This is just too cute! You matched the frame perfectly to the middle ornament! The middle one almost looks as if it has strawberries on it--perfect for the kitchen! Thanks for a cute and do-able idea!

Pauline Wiles said...

Very clever! Obviously I'm a bit late reading this, but I'm thinking this could be easily adapted to hang other items. Or, many Christmas ornaments these days are decidedly un-Christmassy, so it would work with those too.
Thanks for the inspiration!

Vivian said...

How cute. That turned out adorable.