Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Blissdom Bound--Scared To Death

Hello lovelies, as I write this my bags are packed and sitting beside the front door.  In the morning I will be going to Tennessee to the Blissdom conference.  I am scared to death--knees knocking, pit of the stomach belly ache scared.  Leaving my family is not something I have ever done, they will be fine and well cared for but I will not be here and that bothers me, I love my life and do not want to miss any part of it.  I am also very afraid of large groups of people that I don't know,  the very idea makes me sick at my stomach.  I have tried every way I can to back out of going, I even email to see if I could get my money back just a few days after I sent it--the answer is no by the way.  Each time I have come up with something to worry about God has taken care of it, so even in this I am learning a lesson in trust. 

Sunday while at church the pastor was talking about our God given gifts and how we all have different gifts and God has a purpose for each of them and will give us the ability to step out of our comfort zone to use them.  Well one of my gifts is hospitality and I love it.  I love to just love on people, but I have always looked at it as loving on the people I know. Well, God opened my eye to see that it just as much means loving on strangers.  That got me to thinking that there will be other people at the conference who are just as frighten as I am and I can use my gift and with God's help I can get out of my comfort zone and love on them.  I can not tell you what this did for my state of mind.  Yes, I am still scared but I have a purpose bigger than myself now and someone greater than I providing the strength.  It is amazing what happens when I take my mind off of me,me, me and put it on God and serving Him and others, suddenly my fear is not so big.  So girls just know if you see me and I talk to you don't think I am just one of those really confident girls because I am not.  One of those crazy girl---well yeah maybe.

If anyone speaks, he should do it as one speaking the very words of God.  If anyone serves, he should do it with the strength God provides, so that in all things God may be praised through Jesus Christ.  To Him be the glory and the power for ever and ever. Amen.   1 Peter 4:11

BTW, if you are going to be there let me know I would love to meet you.


Sit Relax and Read

10 comments:

Opie Dawn said...

You go Cha Cha!I love your honesty and words of wisdom. Have a great time at Blissdom!

Tra La La Boom De Ay said...

They are going to love you. You are going to love them. Take lots of pictures cuz once its over, you will wish you had even more. Go get some fun and ideas.

Anonymous said...

Oh Cha Cha If I were there this year I would give you a big ol' hug. You will do just fine my friend. Have fun and branch out. Just think of all the new friends you will make. ((hugs)))

Jemsmom said...

You have the best heart and spirit! You will have so much fun at Blissdom! I wish I had known more about it. My family is all from Tennessee. I could have visited and met all the bloggers! Next year! Enjoy every moment!

Kalleen at Second Street said...

I so wish I could go and finally meet you. Have a great time.

Michele said...

I hope you are having a wonderful time and enjoying it. I wish I was there to meet you! XOXO, Michele

Christi @ Writing the Waves said...

My daughter and I both enjoyed getting to visit a little bit with you at lunch today. Your blog is so real life...I love it! I'll add you to my blog list, and hopefully we can keep in touch! :)

Lorri said...

Cha Cha~ You are going to be great! Have a wonderful time and take tons of pictures! Enjoy!

Henley on the Horn said...

I hope you had the BEST time!!!!

Shannan Martin said...

We DID it!!!! I am still SO, so thankful that you reached out and said hello. You made me feel infinitely less alone. :)