Monday, January 31, 2011

Blissdom 2011


Blissdom - what is that?
That is the question I have gotten in my real life.
My answer before going was simply a blogging conference.
My answer after going is
Community,
 MY COMMUNITY.
At Blissdom I was able to connect with, talk with, laugh with and even cry with other women who are creative, wise, giving and beautiful.
Women who were more than willing to welcome strangers, who were giving of their knowledge and support.
I am proud to be apart of this group of amazing women.
                                           It would take me time and words that I do not have
to fully explain my experience.
I will however give you a glimpse into my time there.


What a blessing it was to spend time with these ladies.  Edie was top of my list of people to meet, I had some very important letters to deliver to her and can I just say she is courageously vulnerable personified. 


Lisa, Cyndi, and ME
Can you tell how tired I am, this was the last day and I was wiped out.

Kellie ad Lisa were my my roomies and they were perfect.  I love them both dearly and know this is not the only time I will spend with them.
Cyndi and I have been online friends for a some time now and it was an honor to meet her in person. She is just as spunky as I thought she would be.


Of course you all know Jen from Tatertots and Jello she is incredibly sweet, and Beckie from Infarrantly Creative is such a hardcore crafter she brought crafts to work on in her room.
                                                This was the first night we were all fresh and excited.
These girls were all so fun to hang out with
.


Me, Gina and Laryssa
I stole this picture from Gina, I am so glad she took it.
These two women have invaded my soul and changed my heart.
If you don't know them you should, I watched each of them care for other women day after day.
They are not just words they are actions, and I am blessed to call them friends.

I met many other wonderful women, women that I did not get pictures of (I was a bad blogger and did not take many pictures).

I met Myra from My Blessed Life, she is lovely.

I met this mother and daughter, they were so open and fun

I met Mrs. Q from Fed Up With Lunch, she is very interesting and I love her blog.

Then there is Lorie from Be Different Act Normal, I am her favorite paper craft bracelet taper, she made me laugh more times than I can count.

I am going to use her own word to describe Kate from Southern Belle Simple because they are perfect...
utterly southern...elaborately simple

The picture I am most sad to not have is one with Shannan from Flower Patch Farmgirl she is Hospitality.

On Friday morning there was a group of us who woke up early to meet in the Incourage suite and pray for one another....it was beautiful

These are a few of the women I met there
and
who BTW just lives down the road from me, how weird is that to go to a different city to meet someone from your area.


I will leave you with this one last dorky photo of me so you can see how goofy I looked most of the time.





Sit Relax and Read

17 comments:

nest of posies said...

i love you!

so glad we got to experience this together. so glad you were my roomie.

xoxo

Charity said...

Hey look, my roommate still likes me!!!!!! She did NOT say I was a high maintenance slob--yay!

Love you too

Cha Cha

Kat said...

How fun! What a special and blessed experience you had!

Anonymous said...

I knew you would love it! Tired? You looked adorable as always ((hugs))

Myra @ My Blessed Life said...

I adored meeting you!! :) You are fabulous!

Unknown said...

I had sooo much fun getting to know you!

Hugs & Love,
G

Between You and Me said...

you had SO much fun!!!!!
are you so glad you went?
was it worth every single penny?
give me the down low..... :)

you look BEAUTIFUL in every single picture....love the style and love your hair...like LOVE it.

Alicia The Snowflake said...

I love your pics! I'm so bad. I only took one the entire time I was there.

It was so great to meet you!

Opie Dawn said...

Great recap of what looks and sounds like an amazing time!

Anne Marie said...

saw you at miss mustard seed!

so nice to meet you, and had to tell you how AMAZING your new desk redo is....that is an awesome transformation!!!!

xo+blessings,
Anne Marie

Christi @ Writing the Waves said...

Great post! So glad that you loved your time at the conference. We did too! Hope to keep in touch! :)

Mrs. Kelley Dibble said...

Thrilled you had an unforgettable blast... with no time to sit, read or relax!

Tiffini said...

I am SO thankful for your story! to hear how your heart was changed from all of those amazing women. You needed this didn't you?
So fun to read!!
xo:)

Laryssa Herbert said...

What a sweet thing to say! I'm so very thankful that the Lord had our paths cross and that we were able to spend that time talking and sharing the goodness of God.

ohAmanda said...

SO EXCITED we got to meet! We are totally getting together soon!

The Pennington Point said...

I agree 100%! It was so wonderful to be your roomie. What a blessing to know you as a real life friend. Lisa~

The Mustard Seed said...

Cha Cha!

Y'all look like y'all had BLAST! I'm green with envy ;-) Maybe next year, I'll have enough followers to justify going to Blissdom. Love the pictures!

Have a wonderful week!
Angel