Wednesday, June 3, 2015

Chatting with Charity 16





 
 
Good morning! 
Do you ever struggle with what to get the person who has everything???
I recently had this struggle! My precious grandmother was about to turn 80 and I had NO IDEA what to get her!  She has everything she needs and is downsizing what she has constantly.  I love my grandmother deeply and I wanted to mark this occasion with a meaningful gift, one she would treasure.  That is when the idea came to me... I would make her a memory jar.  It was a simple project to make.  I gathered a large jar, scrapbook paper, scissors, and a print out of what I wanted on the jar made from vinyl.  If you do not have a vinyl machine you could easily do this with stickers from the craft store.  I put the words on the front of the jar and cut the paper into strips.  Then we got busy writing our favorite memories with my grandmother and rolled them up and put them inside of the jar.  By the time we were finished the jar was full.  I have to tell you that this gift was to her exactly what I wanted it to be!  After she opened the gift she gave me this great piece of advice, when you are young you need to gather all the memories that you can so that when you are old you can sit and "unpack" them!   Now, I have a new memory to add to the jar!
 
 
This is her telling me about collecting memories.
 
 
Charity
 

No comments: