Wednesday, September 2, 2015

Chatting with Charity ~ 25

 
 
Happy September! Fall is my favorite season and it sends me into the kitchen with new excitement every single year! I love to bulk cook, bake, and start slow cooker meals in the morning and have the house smell yummy all day! I also find that this is a great time for me to love on others! A batch of homemade soup is easy to double and share with someone who could use a little encouragement. And let's face it we all have days that we could use a little encouragement! Today, I am going to share one of my family's favorite that also happens to be super easy and cooked in the slow cooker...the best of everything!

Slow Cooker Chicken Tortilla Soup

2 chicken breast rinsed
2 cans of corn, do not drain
2 cans of black beans, drained
2 cans of chicken broth
2 cans of stewed tomatoes
1 block of cream cheese
1 pack of dry taco seasoning
1 pack of dry Ranch dressing
3 cups of rice cooked

Put all but rice in the slow cooker, cook on low for 6-8 hours, shred chicken with a fork, add cooked rice, mix, serve with cheese and sour cream and some YUMMY bread. Enjoy!

This makes enough for our family of 4 to share. If you are just cooking for your family cut everything in half.

Have you ever surprised someone with dinner?
 
Charity

No comments: