Saturday, April 10, 2010

REDO

So do you end up with clothes in your closet that you never wear?  I do and it drives me crazy, many times I will buy something and get it home and it just doesn't work, but for some reason I keep it around.  That is what happened with this shirt


I really love the print but after one wash it shrunk, awwwgh.  I tried to wear it a few times after, but I found I was always pulling on it.  I felt uncomfortable the whole time I had it on.  It was not an expensive shirt, but like I said I liked it.  Soooo, I decided I would make it work.  I stared by cutting the neck detail off and put it onto a solid pink tee.



I it was an okay solution,



I wore it once this way, but I felt a bit "clownish" and the goal was for me to feel comfortable in it again.

So onto the second version.



I traces around my favorite perfume bottle (Does anyone else use Sake by Fresh?  It is to die for).  I ended up cutting most of the shirt into circles, then started hand sewing them onto one side of the neckline.



Much better results, no more clown shirt.



I love this version.



So what do you think of my shirt remodel?  I have a few more I am working on also.

Hope you are having a wonderful weekend my lovelies.

Cha Cha


20 comments:

Unknown said...

Cute and so you!

BLJ Graves Studio said...

I love how you remade the shirt. Such a fabulous idea.

Unknown said...

It's very cute! And you're so resourceful...good thinking!

Nancy

nest of posies said...

ok. now you are a smarty ruffled pants!!!
love this idea. and YES,i have several shirt that have shrunk. (i'll say they shrunk - instead of me growing.)
i am going to copy you on this - if that's ok.
this looks like a jcrew shirt. it really looks good!

Between You and Me said...

beyond impressed. seriously.

Allison Shops said...

Nice reuse of the fabric.

Kaysi said...

That looks great! I have a ton of shirts that I don't wear, I need to do this!

Joy Beadworks said...

Love the t shirt! show us how you scrunch the circles next time. Im putting that perfume on my list.

Jennifer Juniper said...

Aha, I love the last version, too :)

Helena said...

Oh man, shrunken shirts are the worst! But I think it was worth it, beaus that last shirt looks amazing. Thank you for the picture of it on. I have a hard time liking clothes that are just lying flat. I don't have enough imagination, I guess. But it looks so pretty when you are wearing it!

Thank you for linking this to A Little Craft Therapy with Life in the Pitts.

Katie Olthoff said...

Very cute!!! I have a few random shirts laying around, and maybe someday I'll do something like that with them too! You bloggers keep inspiring me. :)

Carolyn @ My Backyard Eden said...

Now that is super cute. I like it much better than the ruffle around the neck! I definitely need to clean out my closets and do some revamping!

Thanks for linking up to Make it Yours day!

crush. blog said...

very pretty and fun for Spring!

Julianna said...

Looks great! I have a stack of shirts that don't fit that I plan to refashion!

Fawnda@Fireflies and Jellybeans said...

Very cute! Great job! I love t-shirt refashions! :)

Lori said...

Great job. Much better.

Thanks for joining Get Your Craft on Thursday! Please join me next week for another great party!

Kate said...

I love the redo! Thanks for sharing!

Christine said...

Really cute idea!

Jess said...

I love this shirt redo! Thanks so much for linking to Favorite Things Friday!

Sylvie Créative - Créations Ma Déco Maison said...

I did some T-Shirt redo and when I see your projects, I think I will do some more ;)