Monday, September 13, 2010

41-63 One Thousand Gifts

*****update*****
For those of you who follow me in reader this has already come through once.  For that I am sorry but I could not move forward with this post until I spent some time on my knees.  What I have written below is but a small crack in the crumbling walls I have built up around myself, walls of self importance and self worth.  I hope  today that those walls are crumbling to the ground never to be rebuilt. I live a life so full of excess that it is an embarassment to post this in contrast to where Ann has been serving.  My heart hurts at how full of stuff my life is, stuff that will never be enough, that will never fill that void, only God can fill that void and I am crying out to him today.  I don't know where today is going to take me but I want to go to sleep tonight a different person.  I pray that you know what is enough and if not that you would give me  the chance to talk with and pray with you.
jjones523@gmail.com

I love you, not because of anything you have done or will do but because He loves you.

Charity (or Cha Cha to you)






 Saturday morning started off very ordinary. Nothing to set it apart from any other Saturday. We prepared to go have lunch with family. Hubby went to crank my Suburban so it could be cooling and was washing off the bird gifts that were on the windshield when it happened, the air conditioner stopped. It (the AC) had been making a noise for awhile and we knew that it was only a matter of time, well Saturday was the time. So we decided to take Hubby's 1972 Chevy Blazer instead, it is convertible. This was only a small set back and then we were off. On the drive we had the first honest discussion about money that we have had in a long time. Do you want to know where the biggest waste has been? Food! We eat out far to often, I am embarrassed even as I think about how often and how much money it cost each time we go. Our eating out is a result of my laziness and disorganization. The sad (to me) thing is that the only thing we have to show for that money is extra pounds. Pounds that make me angry. So I am shifting gears and planning to make taking care of my family a much higher priority than were it has slipped to.
So today I choose to be thankful for my air conditioner breaking, thankful for the ride in the convertible and time spent with family.

Why do you spend money for what is not bread,
And your wages for what does not satisfy?
Listen carefully to Me, and eat what is good,
And let your soul delight itself in abundance.
Incline your ear, and come to Me.
Hear, and your soul shall live;
And I will make an everlasting covenant with you-
Isaiah 55:2&3


41. My job as caretaker of my family
42. Broken air conditioner
43. Honesty
44. Forgiveness
45. Fresh air blowing through my hair
46. Sun shinning on me
47. The sweet smell of kudzu
48. A husband who never complains when I (not the kids) have to stop and go potty on car rides
49. Lunch with family
50. My favorite meal cooked just because I asked
51. Seeing my girls through others eyes
52. Watching my girls love on their family
53. The gift of cookbooks (sorry I forgot them)
54. Rain holding off until we got home
55. Singing loud to Southern Rock and Country music (that is never played in my car)
56. The cool that comes from driving over the lake and under the shade of trees.


Sunday we visited the church my sister and her family go to. It was such a nice day and I am thankful for:
57. Sitting beside my sister and hearing God's word
58. Signing hymns with my sister's voice clear and strong in my ear.
59. My oldest daughter seeing a friend again
60. My youngest daughter buzzing around with her cousin, having fun being in God's house together
61. My sister's warm pumpkin bread
62. Watching my oldest take sermon notes
63. Hearing my girls talking about what they learned in church today


I had such a blessed, wondeful, and ordinary weekend and I am thankful for it,


Cha Cha


Posted by Picasa




holy experience

5 comments:

Painted Prairie said...

I'm new to your blog. (Today is the first time....must be fate!)
I wanted to thank you for reminding me to be thankful for what I have~not left wanting for what I don't and to be grateful for the little things.

Anonymous said...

My sweet friend....I know what you are feeling sister :)

nest of posies said...

cha cha cha cha!

love you & your sweet soul!

i felt the coolness of the lake & under the tree while i was reading this post.

money money money (i feel like a abba song, now ;) i think sometimes the lack of it is what makes us strong if we allow it. i am thankful for fall & (gulp) winter approaching. i cook/bake more during this season. it saves so much on our bills.

love your thankful list! oh wonderful to sit next to your sister & sing together. you are such a blessing to me.

xo
kellie

Sarah said...

Thank you Cha Cha for a beautiful post, one I will think about all day and beyond...

Anonymous said...

Your name is Charity and you live in Georgia. My name is Destiny and I live in Georgia. It's fate ... we should be friends. Oh ... and most importantly, we both love Jesus and are desperately seeking to do less and be more. This post was inspired, humbling, and convicting. Thank you for it. Destiny