Monday, September 6, 2010

Living Room Remodel Part 1 New Drapes

Can you remember
WAY
BACK
in the Spring
When I created this mantel


You know
the one
HGTV talked about


Well just so you know I did
NOT
let any of that go to my head

Check out my Summer Decor for that same room



It's okay you can laugh with me or at me
I don't mind
Because I mean really, it is funny.

But in my defense
I live in the South and it has been
HOT
and to top it off
our air conditioner had some problems

Don't you like how the beach towel coordinated?
Only with each other but hey that's something
right????

These "curtains" drove my sweet hubby crazy.
He would ask things like,
Can't you sew?
Didn't I buy you a sewing machine?

Well I have finally taken pity on him and made new curtains


This is still in the trial and error stage,
but this is more of the correct color of things 


Here is what I ended up with, I will have some better pictures up tomorrow when I reveal my Fall mantel,
but I tought might enjoy laughing at the back story.

Hope you have a great long weekend

Cha Cha

I am linking here

8 comments:

The Pennington Point said...

Those beach towels are hilarious! I am glad you finally got something pretty up there. Lisa~

KimMalk said...

It looks like you are coming up with a good solution. I hear ya - I'd put towels up, too!

nest of posies said...

this is hysterical!

so funny that about HGTV & then 3 feet away is those lovely towels. ;) cute cute.

you know, we have all sorts of craziness here too. i'm trying my best to get rid of all the eye sores, but it all requires work work work or sew sew sew or money money money.

fun post!

nest of posies said...

p.s.
i meant to say, i think your drapes are stunning! is that blue trim going down the side as well? or are you using it for a topper?

either way it is gorgeous especially with your dark wood rods.

Traci said...

At least your towels coordinated with each other!! I love your new curtains and can't wait to see your fall mantel.

Amanda @ Healthy House on the Block said...

Oh I LOVE your cute new drapes! And I love the fabric you chose for the top part -- so cute! :)

Amy said...

Love them! I also love your husbands "can't you sew?" comment.

Tracy's Trinkets and Treasures said...

I just sewed curtains too and I know it is hard and time consuming. Yours look good.