Tuesday, September 7, 2010

PREPARING FOR FALL PART 2

I am so excited to show you my Fall mantel,

it is by far my favorite version.

I love the warmth that is adding to this room.



I wish I could capture the true colors
but this is the hardest room in my house to photograph,
it is very shadowy (not sure if that is a word).
We are working on new lighting and have plans to paint this room
so hopefully soon I will be able to get better pictures.





Yes, I jumped on the band wagon and made a Martha Stewart's corn husk wreath
I followed her directions for the most part and it was very simple.


My butter churn is a family heirloom that I am proud to be the keeper of.
I love the idea that my family ate what came from this beautiful piece of pottery.
My orange carnival glass piece was a gift from a precious client of mine.



The candle holders are the same ones from my Spring Mantel
I just spray painted them cream.


My large crock now holds the fireplace tools
this is after all a very used fireplace.
The small crock holds the matches for lighting the fire.
Oh, and there are the new drapes I made.

I hope you are enjoying getting ready for Fall
I know I am,

Cha Cha

I am linking






12 comments:

The Pennington Point said...

Really cute! I love the wreath and the ribbon. Of course crocks are great for everything! See you tomorrow at Kellie's Fall Festival! Lisa~

Heidi said...

CUTE! Loving your corn husk wreath!

Laurel @ Ducks in a Row said...

I'm loving all your pottery!

nest of posies said...

WOW!
that corn husk wreath is amazing. love that orange (go VOLS ;) ribbon you used with it too!
you know i love you for so many reasons, but i think our hearts are just the exact same when it comes to decorating for sentimental reasons. i think it's what makes a house a home. i just adore that style shining through your home.


thanks for linking up & ALWAYS being such a supporting friend. you make this whole blogging thing so much more special to me & i mean it!

love ya!

Opie Dawn said...

It's BEAUTIFUL! The pottery pieces are just the right touch. Great job! I hope you are having a fabulous day.
April

Maryann @ Domestically-Speaking said...

LOVE your giant corn husk wreath!

Heather{Our Life In a Click} said...

I was wondering what that wreath was made out of! Cool!! I love your whole mantel. The crock holding the tools is genius! The butter churn is such a special family heirloom too! My fall decor is all packed away in my attic for now but maybe I'll pull out the carnival glass (from my china cabinet) to transition until I get it down. Stopping over from Remodelaholic.

heather

Bec said...

I just finally got around to decorating our mantel after living here for 1.5 years! I love the crocks. I've been looking for some reasonably priced ones...ha. I'll just have to wait to inherit my mom's!

Ann said...

Hi,
I really like how your mantel turned out!! I like how you redid your candle holders for another season and I love the story of your family crock!!
Hope you have a wonderful week!
Fondly,
Ann
@
The Tattered Tassel

Atticmag said...

So festive! And the ribbon acts like an old-fashioned garland.

Did you hear about our $100 value Roxy girls' bedding giveaway? Hope so (it ends tomorrow). Jane F.

Amanda @ Serenity Now said...

Really pretty wreath, and I LOVE your butter churn. I think it's so cool to have family heirlooms to decorate with! Visiting from The Nester's party. Hope you'll stop by my blog to say hi. :)

Skinny Minnie said...

Love all your crocks ! My mother collected crocks as well, but I only used a few smaller ones in my mantle redo - take a look -- thanks !

http://icoulduseadeal.com/2010/09/decorating-with-a-toolbox-and-a-quilt-fall-mantel-party-2010.html

Jeanine