Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Looking Back

This time last year I was new at this whole blogging thing.
Struggling to find a way to document our lives, for the future.
My goal for this blog has always been to have a place to not forget what we have accomplished, where we have gone, and how we have grown.
So I thought I would take a moment today and look back over the last year.




I will start with getting to meet Bakerella and The Pioneer Woman all in one night,
Talk about a way to start off blogging.  My second post ever was about meeting these two.  It was a great night that I enjoyed with my sister (no we are not twins, but yes we are dressed alike).



When we decided to let our girls have separate rooms, I knew I had to make decor from what I had



Then I  added more layers to Little Sisters (my youngest daughter) bed.


My girls and I made a Valentine's banner to celebrate the true source of LOVE



Of all the crafts I have done this year, this wedding decoration I made for a sweet friend is still one of my favorites.



Who knew when I decorated this mantle,
that HGTV would be kind enough to write about it.



We had a great time making sweet bird decor for Little Sister's Birthday.



Our kitchen got a good bit of attention this year and is one of the first places in our home that is a reflection of us. The Spoon and Fork art is the perfect mix of whimsy and vintage that I was going for.


My rooster got a new modern look.



And just in case you have ever been confused about what you are suppose to do in the kitchen,
we hung a sign to make sure it was clear.



And I saved the best kitchen project for last,  the Family Recipe Wall



This chandelier has been a great addition to Big Sister's room remodel.



I even took the plunge into remodeling clothing with this shirt.  I hope to do more of this in the near future.



Big Sister had a wonderful 4th of July Birthday.




Then for Christmas I finally made new stockings and a book page wreath.



and my girls turned the kitchen into Candyland.

Thank you all for inviting me into the wonderful world of blogging.

I can't wait to see what the next year holds.






Sit Relax and Read

I am linking at Southern Hospitality

13 comments:

nest of posies said...

what a wonderful post!!! talk about starting off with a bang into the blogging land!!! i'm so glad to see this post & reflect back on all that you have created & done.

one of the best parts of blogging this year was meeting you! i truly mean that from the bottom of my heart! can't wait to see you in just a few weeks!!

big hugs!
kellie

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh, I don't even know where to look in this post from the Toile-sorta candle to the garland...I am just in love!



I don't know if you know Edie or not,but i have a pray-hop for her on my main blog: http://www.theshadesofpink.com/2010/12/shes-like-my-favorite-blogger.html if you would like to add your prayers.

The Pennington Point said...

I had forgotten about the wedding candles. That was the first post by you that I read and I immediately thought, "I LIKE HER!" Something about it drew me to you and I am so thankful! Who knew we would become such special friends? What a blessing you are! Lisa~

Between You and Me said...

Happy ONE year!!!! This post was a great idea for reviewing your year in blogland....if you don't mind, I may copy you in February when my ONE year approaches....

Kat said...

Love you Cha Cha! Your blog still remains one of my favorites! SO glad we have gotten to know each other over the past year and hopefully we'll get to meet in person in 2011! Sweet blessings to you, my friend

the cape on the corner said...

what fantastic projects you tackled in your home! i love the parties you highlighted and the shirt embellishing. looks good!

Rhoda @ Southern Hospitality said...

Nice to meet you! What a lot of great projects you've done & you met Ree too. I got to go to the ranch last summer & she is so much fun, the highlight of my bloggy life.

Thanks for linking up!

Lisa @ Shine Your Light said...

I absolutely love your recipe wall - that is so special and unique, and also adds a little pop of color - it's such a great project. Thanks for sharing....so glad to find your blog and read about all your projects! Happy new year!

Michele said...

What a neat reflection post! I had no idea that you just started blogging this year, too. I'm so glad that we met. It's been a pleasure to get to know you. Happy New Year, friend!

Tiffini said...

Love looking over everyone's one year! The pioneer lady? crazy:) You and your blog are lovely..makes me excited for a one year. I've got a way to go but what fun to have a whole year documented.

Tiffini said...

Love looking over everyone's one year! The pioneer lady? crazy:) You and your blog are lovely..makes me excited for a one year. I've got a way to go but what fun to have a whole year documented.

Grace and Beauty said...

Wow you've had a busy year! I loved looking at all your pictures. Happy 2011!!
See you in a few weeks...Blissdom here we come!
Blessings,
Cyndi

Kalleen at Second Street said...

Sweet Cha Cha, You have inspired me in so many ways this year. Not just with the beautiful things you make and your fabulous style in decorating but your deep thoughts. You truly love and care for others and find joy in all the right places. Thanks.
Kalleen

I can't wait to see what comes of you this next year.