Thursday, May 5, 2011

A Year Ago

Today
I have much to do.
Much excitment is stirring in our home.
The girls have dance recital tonight, this is Graceful's 8th recital and Faithful's 5th, they have spent lots of time practicing this week and are ready.  I can't wait to see them up on the stage, I am so proud of how hard they have worked.



Also
 today I am packing, no not for a trip but for the Woodstock Outdoor Market and Show.
For the first time ever I am going to stand in a booth and let the world see my products (heart).  I am nervous and excited.  This dream all started one night about a year ago.  I was laying in bed and suddenly a thought came into my head, completely different from what I had been thinking about.  I remember raising my head up and saying, "God if this is for real I want to remember this moment.  I tried to sear the the moment into my head.  The thought was about making pillows with a pocket to keep Bible verses in, thus the begining of




Bible Memory Verse Pillows
In the begining I only told a few trusted friends, friends who would not steal my idea (fear is not good, God is teaching all kinds of lessons on this topic) and would be honest and tell me if they thought it was a good idea.  I had about 6 people telling me I should go for it when I started sewing.  The first "models" were not a go, so I scrapped them and started over.  I came with an idea the was cute and easy to reproduce.  I had about 20 made before I got the nerve to take pictures and put them in Cha Cha's Treasure (my Etsy shop). Today I have close to 100 made and I am ready to shout from the roof tops about them.  God has been so good during this process, He has encouraged me, let me feel rested when I have not slept, taught me to trust Him, helped me learn to turn my fear over to Him, but most of all He has given me back the ablity to DREAM.
I had lost this somewhere along the way in life, day to day life had stolen some of if, fear the rest. 
Today
my dream (His really)
is a reality.
I stand in awe.


I can't wait to check back in on Monday and tell you sweet friends how every thing went.  Thank you for alway encouraging me.


Sit Relax and Read

11 comments:

Gail said...

God knows the plans He has for you, plans to prosper....you're familiar with that verse and have taken it to heart. When He blesses you with a dream, you're a wise woman to recognize Who gave you the dream and follow up on it.
We all look forward to hearing from you after the event.

Sally @DrinkingFromMySaucer said...

WooHoo - I am so excited for you! Have a fabulous time, and I will be praying. Looking forward to hearing DETAILS! =) ~Sally

Rachel said...

I am excited for you! :) God is GOOD! :)

Laryssa Herbert said...

SO excited for you!!

Heidi @ Decor & More said...

Oh, how exciting, Cha Cha!! I'll try to pop up there if I can squeeze out some time this weekend! God is rewarding your faith and trust. :)

This Is Stupid said...

Awesome!! Wish I had a creative bone, but I'm so glad that you do =)
I might have to get one for Abby's birthday...or mine! ha!

nest of posies said...

love you girl!

you'll do great! i can't wait to hear how it went. i know there must of been tons of prep work.

thnking of you.

xoxo

Rhoda @ Southern Hospitality said...

Hi, Cha Cha, great to see you today & then come back here and read your story. I love that you stepped out in faith & are seeing your dreams become reality. I too am embarking on a new journey & I'm trusting God to show me the way. It's exciting & scary, but if He is in control, it cannot fail.

I think your pillows are beautiful! Hope to see you again.

The Pennington Point said...

Hooray for you! I can't wait to hear how it all went. Lisa~

CreationsForEleanor said...

Cannot imagine the work you put into it. Hope you had a blessed weekend and it went well.

jehan said...

You've been awarded The Versatile Blogger award! http://jehanisnotsupermom.blogspot.com/2011/05/versatile-blogger-award.html