Sunday, May 29, 2011

Sentimental Sunday #24 My Yard

Sentimental Sunday this week is all about my yard.
I woke up this morning to this beautiful fog all over my yard.
When I saw it I knew I wanted pictures so I grabbed my camera a ran out the door.
No, sd card, grrr
Back inside get the sd card, now I can get busy.




My dad planted these crepe myrtle trees after the apple trees that were here did not make it.
I love the way they line both sides of our driveway.  In a few weeks the daylillies will bloom and the colors will make me smile. 



These trees have been here my whole life, even before me.  I love that these same trees are the same ones my kids are running around under.



That barn, many hours of my life were spent in that barn.  I grew up riding horses, I still can't go in there without being reminded of that time.



Then there is is garden.
I spent lots of time learning valuable lessons on this soil.


I am not sure I thought the lessons were valuable at time.



Today
 Those lesson are special and I love when my girls are working in the garden learning the same lessons.



This garden is a family affair
by that I mean my dad planted it.
The water comes from our house though, ha.
We do help out later with picking----
pretty sweet deal, huh.





What are you sentimental about this week?

Grab the button below and link up!


Sit Relax and Read



                                                               





Sit Relax and Read


3 comments:

The Pennington Point said...

Awww, I love this. I love that you have sentimental things. The garden is amazing....what a blessing!

Have a great weekend. Lisa~

Unknown said...

Fantastic pictures! I love the age of those trees and how absolutely wonderful it feels to share with our kids special experiences from our own childhood. A glimpse of heaven for our hearts for sure. Blessings!

The Mustard Seed said...

Cha Cha... your yard is beautiful... looks like something from the Secret Garden. What a beautiful place to grow up and then turn around and raise your own children! BEAUTIFUL!!!