Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Be an INTENTIONAL SPRING

Believe it or not I have been very busy around here.  I promise you will start to see the results soon, hang in there with me please.

Today I wanted to hopefully encourage you to be an encourager.  

Our lesson in Sunday School on Sunday was on 

Psalm 84 

    1 How lovely is your dwelling place,

LORD Almighty!

2 My soul yearns, even faints,

for the courts of the LORD;

my heart and my flesh cry out

for the living God.

3 Even the sparrow has found a home,

and the swallow a nest for herself,

where she may have her young—

a place near your altar,

LORD Almighty, my King and my God.

4 Blessed are those who dwell in your house;

they are ever praising you.



5 Blessed are those whose strength is in you,

whose hearts are set on pilgrimage.

6 As they pass through the Valley of Baka,

they make it a place of springs;

the autumn rains also cover it with pools.

7 They go from strength to strength,

till each appears before God in Zion.



8 Hear my prayer, LORD God Almighty;

listen to me, God of Jacob.

9 Look on our shield, O God;

look with favor on your anointed one.



10 Better is one day in your courts

than a thousand elsewhere;

I would rather be a doorkeeper in the house of my God

than dwell in the tents of the wicked.

11 For the LORD God is a sun and shield;

the LORD bestows favor and honor;

no good thing does he withhold

from those whose walk is blameless.



12 LORD Almighty,

blessed are those who trust in you.


I love this entire chapter and could read it over and over again.  Our lesson was on the fact that there will be valleys in our christian walk, boy do I now this.  But the verses that struck me most on Sunday and I haven't been able to put out of my head are 5 &6.  We (Christians) are on a pilgrimage together and there are bound to be others in that valley with you, or ones who have been.  So here is my thought, I want to become an INTENTIONAL SPRING.  Because don't you find comfort in knowing you are not alone in this, I know I do.  So can we please let down the veil of perfection and be real with each other?  If I am struggling I would like to be able to tell you about it and if you are I most definitely want to know.  We hear all the time about how to build community on line - Twitter, Facebook, blah, blah, blah and those are all good and can have there place but that is not what I am talking about,
I want a real community one where if you or I are hurting we can tell one another and pray for and encourage each other through the valley.  I also want to be thankful with you when you are on the mountain top, without jealousy.

So who is with me?
If you like this idea let me know and then go tell someone who has encouraged you through a valley 
Thank You.  

Let's all become
INTENTIONAL SPRINGS



Sit Relax and Read

5 comments:

Rachel said...

Cha Cha - I love this! I find that so often us Christians do not want to be real, authentic and/or genuine. How can iron sharpen iron if the iron is covered up?

Thank you! :)

The Pennington Point said...

Yes! I'm with you! Lisa~

Christine said...

I, too, love this. Love His words! Blessings on your day and the rest of your week. hugs

Tiffini said...

Oh my...I am crying! How I needed to hear this Psalm this morning. He knows doesn't He? I am with you. All the way. You can bet your bottom dollar that when you look around you on your journey that I am right beside you..and it comforts me to know you are there too along with many others. Gives hope to think about that picture doesn't it?
How is your heart? all my love
xo

Adelina Priddis said...

I'm with you! It's one of the reasons I started my blog was to share my challenges and successes with others. I want to learn from others, and encourage others. I hope you are having a wonderful week!