Thursday, June 23, 2011

Weight Loss Wednesday, #1

Today I am finally going to participate in my friend Alicia's


I say finally because I have wanted to take part all along but had yet to lose and weight.  Don't feel sorry for me because i did not deserve to lose any.  Food is this "good girls" rebellion.  God has been dealing with my heart about this for longer than I care to reveal.  Today I am putting this out there and my hope is to use each Wednesday as a source of accountability for my weight but more importantly for my heart.

I will meet back here each Wednesday (yes, I know it is Thursday I am a day late and a dollar short as usual, ha )and report my highs and lows.  My question for you is do you have anything you need accountability for?  If so feel free to share and we can check in and encourage one another.  You can leave a comment or email me at sitrelaxandread@gmail.com .

To be accountable I need to tell you where I am at and where I would like to be.  Let's start with weight, I am 1_6 today.  I left the middle number blank because it pains me to write it, it is more than ever and almost as much as pregnant, eek.  I would like that number to be 26 pounds lighter because I have a closet full of beautiful clothes just waiting to be worn again.  I can only wear about 1/4 of the clothes in my closet right now.  Depressing--right?  I need to lose 2 clothing sizes so that all those clothes will fit comfortably.  Finally exercise....this is actually where I have had some success, not weight lose - yet.  My success today is measured by the fact that this sweat hating girl has gotten up most days during the past 3 weeks and walked my neighborhood.  It has been great to get out and push myself, this morning my backside is sore from the lunges I did while walking.  I hope to build onto this routine and start watching the amount of food I put into my mouth this next week.  Will you meet me back here?

Sit Relax and Read

PS. Don't forget to come back tomorrow and link up your Ten Task in Ten Days list.  I can't wait to see what is on your list.  BTW Creative Kristi was nice enough to make an awesome button for it, you can grab it off the top of my side bar if you would like.

3 comments:

Rachel said...

Oh girl! I feel your pain! My hubby and I have been doing low carb diet since mid Feb. If I would just add in exercise.... :) I'd love to be down one more size...we'll see. :) Cheering you on! :)

Alicia The Snowflake said...

Yay!!! I'm so proud of you my friend! Admitting that you need to change is the hardest part. And then getting started is the second hardest. You've done both. Congratulations!!! I can't wait to follow your success. Thank you for joining WLWed! Big (((hugs))) to you my friend!

Unknown said...

Holy Shamoly! I am overwhelmed and excited all at the same time about your list! I gotta make mine this weekend...actually I have one started I think I am just going to put some power behind it and link up, too! Great idea. There is power in numbers, right? Blessings...