Friday, June 17, 2011

Ten Task in Ten Days

Hey Lovelies,
I have a question for you!

DO YOU PROCRASTINATE?

Please tell me you do.  Well.....I am excited to share a fun solution with you.  You know my friend Gina at The Shabby Chic Cottage, she has done the coolest thing the past two Summers


It is a link party where everyone links up a list of things they would like to get done, then a halfway progress report and finally a link party for the results.  Guess what, she is passing it off to me!  I feel a little like The Nester must have when Boo Moma passed off the Christmas link party to her (BTW that was the first link party I ever did - you can see it here).  I am humbled, honored and nervous.

I can't wait to get this challenge started.  I am putting a little twist on it...................
I am going to make a list of about 20 thing I would like to get done and then have a goal for 10 of them to be done in 10 days.  I am doing this because let's face it sometimes the next item on your list just can't be done right now, it might be a money issue or the fact that you need help or even you just can't find what you need.  So my thinking is to not get hung up on what can't be done and move on to what can be done.

So this week I will be walking around and writing down all sorts of stuff that needs to be done around my house, some things will be simple and some big.  Next Friday I will meet you back here and we will have a link party and share our list.
I am so excited to see what you all have planned.

See you next Friday,


Sit Relax and Read

PS. There will be a fun giveaway starting next week

14 comments:

Love Being A Nonny said...

I love this! I will be making my list too. I need a list and a time limit to get things done. I am not a procrastinator, I just love a list and a time frame! Can't wait!

Rachel said...

Oh! Cha Cha! This is so what I needed! I was just thinking how much I need to get off of my duff and get my list of projects D.O.N.E.!! But I think, like you, I will probably have a lot more than 10 - but I will try to keep it manageable! So excited!

susan said...

OOOH - this sounds like so much fun and just the motivation I need to get moving! Will ther be rules about what the tasks can be?

Thank you for hosting this!!!

Nikki @ Saving For A Rainy Day said...

Oooh,I love this! Just the kick in the pants I need!

The Pennington Point said...

You go girl! I love this idea. I always liked reading the links when Gina did it. This is going to be a fun party! Lisa~

Julie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Heidi @ Decor & More said...

How exciting! I'll have to see if I'm up to the challenge!

Adelina Priddis said...

OH, what a great idea!!! So we just need to have our list ready by next friday, right?

junebug said...

I believe I just might have to join in on this one.

CoopDeVilla said...

Oh this is just what I need! A big fat kick in the pants to get moving on things I dread... like sewing, painting, planning a yard sale... Love the idea and already have my list. I now follow your blog and look forward to this event!

Lorri said...

Now this is a great idea! My list has about 15 things on it already. Maybe this will bring some motivation for me to get moving!

Opie Dawn said...

What a great idea! Also, I think somehow my account stopped following your blog! But is is fixed now. Sorry about that. Have a great weekend.

Jules said...

Started following today so I can get in on the 10 things in 10 days! jules

This Is Stupid said...

Can move back to Nashville be one of my things?!?!? I will have to participate on my own limited level, since we are renting and there isn't much I Can do around the house. Except organize and stuff. Ack!
Great idea--I already know a few things to do!!