Saturday, June 25, 2011

Sentimental Sunday #28, The Broadman Hymnal

Hi Lovelies!
Here we are again at Sentimental Sunday, where we all meet up to share what we are sentimental about this week.
I hope you have had a great week and stopped to smell the roses.  I am going to share a beautiful hymnal
that was a gift from my grandmother ( my father's mother).  This hymnal was very special to her because it is from the church she went to as a child.  I am honored to have it and it always stays on our piano.  There are days when I sit and read the lyrics of my favorites, these are the days I wish I could still play but that was a long time and many sleepless nights ago.


This edition was printed in 1940 and contains 503 of the greatest songs ever written.  My favorite by far is #190
 Come, Thou Fount



The last line pictured gets me every time...
Let Thy goodness, like a fetter, Bind my wandering heart to thee:

Because my heart is prone to wander and if it were not for the goodness of my Savior I would have no hope. 

So what are you sentimental about this week?
Grab the button and link up.


Sit Relax and Read



                                                                                  



Sit Relax and Read

Remember if you want to win a years suscribtion to Country Living magizine link up you
10 Task in 10 Days

6 comments:

Renegades said...

What a wonderful gift from your Grandmother. I can see why it holds such special meaning for you.

Have a great Sunday.

jamie w said...

I am sorry I linked my list in the wrong spot and I don't know how to delete it :(

Heidi @ Decor & More said...

What a lovely treasure! She would love that you appreciate it so... enjoy your day!
Heidi xo

Laura said...

Prone to wander...alas, me too! I love that hymn! Your hymnal is lovely and such a sweet sentimental reminder of a loving grandmother and God's unending grace.

Anonymous said...

From the girl who has a song for everything... no better item for a sentimental attachment!

Anonymous said...

I have the very same Hymnal sitting on my piano, however not the sentimental value. But a family friend says that it was hers when she was a girl, don't know how I ended up with it.