Thursday, June 30, 2011

Ten Task in Ten Days, The Halfway Point

Here we are at the halfway point!
I can't wait to see how you have done with your



I have been so inspired to get things done, I just love getting to cross items off my list.
Here is what I have done so far.

1. Make the blue wall from the kitchen flow
2.Paint entertainment cabinet
3. Find something to go on top of entertainment cabinet
4. Update the shelves in the entertainment cabinet
5. Make new drapes

*confession, I had already started the drapes but then decided to change up the design some, so they were not from beginning this week.*

6. Iron and hang drapes
7. Make 10 (+) pillows
8. Find a chair for family room
9. Rearrange furniture in dining room


Clearly my drawings are not to scale nor are they good, but they do show you how the room has changed.

the rectangle that got cut off is the cubbie cabinet

10. Rehang pictures after furniture is moved
11.  Bring all fabric upstairs and sort


12. Move cubbie cabinet upstairs


13. Build onto cabinet and cover with fabric
14. Make new slipcovers for 4 parson chairs
15. Make tablecloth for dining room table
16. Restyle china cabinet
17. Build and hang 4 shelves around china cabinet
18. Style shelves
19. Find a large frame and paint for on top of china cabinet
20. Replace the fabric behind the cutouts on the piano


21. Refinish coffee table
22. Paint legs on stool
23. Recover stool
24. Clean and wax wood floors
25. Patch walls and touch up paint
26. Buy extension cords for lamps
27. Decorate top of cubbie cabinet
28. Dust top to bottom
29. Change light bulbs



So what do you think?
I am happy with it so far
but hope to get much more done next week.

So now it is your turn,
grab the button and link up.




Ten Tasks
            
                                                                                         

One lucky person who links up will win a 1 year subscription to Country Living Magazine,
last weeks winner is Reflections and Renegades email me ( sitrelaxandread@gmail.com ) your full name and address and I will get it started for you.

Sit Relax and Read
         

                                                                              



8 comments:

Renegades said...

Your drapes look so classy! Very nice job. Good job completing some items on your list too.

The Pennington Point said...

You're doing great so far! Good for you.

Funny, I thought the drawings were done by your daughter...then I saw that you did them and got so tickled. You are adorable! Young at heart. Lisa~

Connie @ Salvage Savvy said...

You are doing great! And Cha Cha, those drapes are gorgeous!! I want some :)
Connie

Unknown said...

I am a new GFC follower. Please visit me back at My-2-Cents
Thank you. ;-) I love this 10 tasks in 10 days challange.

my_2_cents at hotmail dot com

Unknown said...

Oh man...why did I just find you at the half way point. It is going to kill me to wait and link up next week, lol. I can't jump on board now because the next couple days are too busy to jump on board at this point but I can't wait for next week. I will start composing my list . Plz stop by for a visit at My-2-cents
Thx and have a blessed weekend. <3

Between You and Me said...

you have been BUSY this summer!!!! I wish so bad I'd made a list and put it into a post....b/c I've been busy getting some things done, too!

Adelina Priddis said...

Looking good! Once I get the kids in bed, I'll be getting my post up! It's been a very inspiring first week.

Pamela said...

Wow...I'm tired just sitting here reading your list. ha! Your finished curtains are beautiful -- very classy. I love your piano. Brings back a lot of memories. Here's to getting the rest crossed off your list.

I am a new follower from Jenn and the Giant.

Blessings,
Pamela