Monday, October 7, 2013

Why I Do What I Do

 
Not too long ago I started to notice that most everything I do has something to do with teaching people
The Word of God.
Homeschooling my girls
Teaching a Bible class for 3rd – 5th and 6th – 8th grade girls
Working in Women’s Ministry
Making Bible Memory Verse Pillows
Writing a book to help scripture memorization, Growing Girls in Grace
Speaking at conferences
Writing a Bible Study for 6th - 8th grade girls
Please do not read this list and think I am a deep thinking, theology major or something… because
I AM NOT
I am a simple girl with a heart for God and that is all!
Simple is good though.  In the list of all the things that I do, you will only find simple ideas.  For a moment that bothered me and the enemy tried to make me feel insecure about what I do and feel that it was not worthy.  Each time Satan would try this I would just give it to God and pray.  Each time God would tell me it was enough, I was enough.  Then one day during an attack God brought to my mind that His Word is enough.  Did you hear that?
His Word Is Enough
Well, duh!  How had I missed that?  His word is enough and there is not one thing I could add to make it better.  What a relief!  This left me with a renewed passion to push forward into this calling He has for me.  I will teach, write Bible studies, make gifts and speak at conferences about God’s Word.  You will find that I mix in some fun and creative ways to learn The Word but you will not find many words from me because…
His Word Is Enough
His Word is life changing and life sustaining, it is hope for a hopeless world and we need to know it.
Years ago I read Corrie ten Boom’s life story The Hiding Place and was in awe of all that her family went through during WWII (concentration camp) but I was more in awe of how they handled all the adversity.  They lived lives of great faith in times of great persecution.  They lived the way we all hope we would when our faith is tested.  Their faith stood strong and they helped and encouraged others and brought many to Christ through their example. This caused me to question what was different about this family.  What I saw was a family that had a genuine relationship with God and not a Sunday religion.  This family listened daily as the father read aloud from the Bible, they watched a mother with failing health continue to serve without complaint, and they saw others needs being met with their family's stretched thin finances.
This family knew God’s Word, they believed God’s Word and they lived out God’s Word.  When adversity came they had a real relationship with God and their faith stood up to the test.  This is the desire of my heart for myself, my family and everyone God puts in my path.
I pray that you will have a burning desire to know God, know His Word, believe His Word and act out His Word.  So that in future times of adversity your faith will stand strong.
The law of the Lord is perfect, reviving the soul; the
testimony of the Lord is sure, making wise the simple;
the precepts of the Lord are right, rejoicing the heart; the
commandment of the Lord is pure, enlightening the eyes;
the fear of the Lord is clean, enduring forever; the rules of
the Lord are true, and righteous altogether. More to be
desired are they than gold, even much fine gold; sweeter
also than honey and drippings of the honeycomb.
Moreover, by them is your servant warned; in keeping
them there is great reward.  Psalm 19:7-11
Charity






























No comments: