Wednesday, January 6, 2010

PAINT AND A SILLY BEFORE AND AFTER


I thought I would share a mural painted for My Youngest Daughter's room. Paint took it from plain wall to sparkley princess wall in an afternoon. I love paint, it is my favorite form of DIY..




And on a silly side note, I thought I would give you guys a glimpse at what really goes on here in the evenings.

BEFORE


AFTER



So if you live in a house full of girls you will be force to play dress up from time to time.  Sweet Hubby is such a good sport and always lets our girls dress him up.  He will even perform in the fashion show, which is pee in your pants funny since he is such a manly man.  These are the thing we do behind close doors, do you have funny rituals at your house


Sit Relax and Read

15 comments:

Patricia said...

Oooh... dress~up! My dad used to let me put makeup on hum when I was a kid.. what a good sport!!!
Your mural is fabulous I love it and thanks too for the link to the party!!!
Blessings
Patricia

Sarah and the Gentlemen said...

You did a beautiful job on the walls! Was that freehand?

I've got all boys so I'm considering making a camoflauge wall in their room.

Charity said...

I penciled off the diamond pattern, and then free hand painted the vines and flowers and went over it with a pearlized glaze to give it sparkle. The glaze makes it very hard to photograph.

Anonymous said...

So cute! I love what you've done! I'm following you! Can't wait to see what else you come up with.
Michelle

Maryann @ Domestically-Speaking said...

That is adorable! My girls would LOVE that done in their rooms. Thanks for linkin' up for my 1st Power of Paint Party!

Leanne said...

Thanks for coming for a visit. I adore that wall. You did such a beautiful job. I bet she loves sleeping in that beautiful room. Happy New Year!

Cynthia J. Coleman said...

Thanks for your blog comment. It looks like a fun time was had by all.

Beth@The Stories of A to Z said...

What a beautiful room! I bet she was thrilled! And too cute with the silly pics.

Blessings in 2010,
Beth

Kristy said...

What a great way to dress up a girls room!

Mel said...

The walls are so pretty, but I think your hubby is prettier :)

Thanks for visiting me and for your kind comment.

asnipofgoodness said...

that is too funny!

H-Mama said...

Love your lil' girl room as well. Thanks for the sweet comment. And your hubs... that's just priceless. ;)

Carolyn @ My Backyard Eden said...

Your daughter has a beautiful room! Did you free hand the vines? They look great. I like painting too, but only with a brush and roller!

Anonymous said...

You are a very talented lady! ...and it looks like a lot of fun happens there!

Charity said...

Yes, I painted the vines free hand. Sweet daddy walked in half way though and asked if I was sure I knew what I was doing, I almost crumbled and stopped but I am so glad I didn't. Most projects I do go through a kind of ugly stage before they get pretty.