Tuesday, January 12, 2010

WHAT DO YOU DECORATE AROUND

What is that important thing in your or your loved ones life that you decorate around?  Is it the overstuffed recliner, the childhood trophy, the autographed baseball, the doll your great aunt gave you?  We all have something floating around our house that we would never go out and purchase today to go into our house, but because it is meaningful you somehow make it work.  We have this and her name is Angel, she is the cutest little fake white bird you have ever seen, she even has a house of her own.




  I don't make a habit out of pretending she is real and needs a real home, but My Youngest Daughter does.  So there is my dilemma, she can't just be a display piece artfully arranged.  She has to be believable, well as believable as a bird with a clip for feet can be.  So I decided to make the best out of it.  My Youngest got her first lesson in spray painting (totally a homeschool class).


                                      ( Yes, that is snow in the background, we are hard core)

  She sprayed and sprayed, mostly her hand.  I finally rescued her and took over to finish up.  While we were at it we painted some old candlesticks to go in her room. 




And here she is in her new home that is believable enough for my daughter and cute enough to be art in her new room.



 Look Angel even get designer paper to line her cage.





The candlesticks are now a nice addition also.



So with a little spray paint on some old pieces my daughter now has some new decor.


Phase two down, up next adding a little color to the bedding.

You can read about her wall mural
and our recycled shoe boxes




Sit Relax and Read

20 comments:

Amy@TheLemonCottage said...

Very cute!
Love the color choice.
~Amy

Treasia Stepp said...

It really turned out adorable. Love the candlesticks as well.

Erin said...

So cute! It is adorable that she does these crafts with you!

Anonymous said...

A future DIY Blogger (note to self look for Little Sister Blog in 15 years)
She is adorable and did a great job! I am new to the blogging world and enjoyed reading through some of your posts today. I will be returning!

- Deborah

colorchic said...

Love the new color. Sometimes the best things in the home are the ones we work with... because we must, we usually get a warm, fuzzy feeling when we see them too!

René said...

That is so cute and doesn't look like it would be very difficult to work around. Now the overstuffed recliner on the other hand...

Maryann @ Domestically-Speaking said...

Cute! Love the shade of blue. Thanks for joining the Power of Paint Party!

Diann @ The Thrifty Groove said...

Oh, so adorable! I bet she is thrilled with her beautiful bird home now!

Catherine said...

I love the teal color on everything, really makes it pop. Very nice!

Unknown said...

I love that color! Its a wonderful addition and goes with everything as far as Im concerned :) The project came out wonderful!

happy thrifty thursday!

Fawnda@Fireflies and Jellybeans said...

Very pretty color! I love how spray paint can cute almost anything up!

Angie Holden said...

Aaaah..that is so sweet!! And a great transformation!

Lisa Nelsen-Woods said...

I'm impressed that you painted outside in the snow! I tried spray painting outside one winter and the results made me realize why the can of paint said not to paint at below 40 degrees.

Charity said...

We sprayed outside and then brought them inside to the basemant to dry, it was a lot of back and forth, but worth it to an impatient girl like me.

Diane at InMyOwnStyle said...

Hi Cha Cha - I was just on your site linked up from Shabby Cottage and my phone rang. Came back to my computer, saw that I got an e- mail telling me I had a comment and it was from you. You write the best comments. Thank you. I am so glad that you are finding inspiring ideas on my site. As for your post, I have not just one thing I decorate around, but a few. Over the years I have been able to part withsome, but one that is a keeper is the Drowsy doll that sits in a chair by my bedroom window. She is part of the family and she matches the chair.

Leigh of Tales from Bloggeritaville said...

Fabulous! LOve painting in the snow! Waytago!!!
Thanks for linking up to Thrifty Thursday on Tales from Bloggeritaville, this week!

Leigh
Tales from Bloggeritaville
www.lbratina.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

Love the color choice! Very cute.

Lori said...

The candle holders turned out great!

Linda@Coastal Charm said...

Love how a LITTLE paint sure does add that extra POP...LOVE the COLOR! Look...a new friend...ME!

Blessings,
Linda

Its So Very Cheri said...

That is so cute, she did a good job.
We home school too.

Cheri