Monday, February 8, 2010

Valentine's Day Decoration



I made this sweet heart picture to go  over the kitchen sink to give the kitchen a little more sparkle.  It was super simple to make, with thing I had already.

We always have cheap canvases around the house ( this one had actually already been painted for something else, but Big Sister didn't like it so we painted over it).

 

After painting, I cut the center out of a heart doilie and lined the back of it with scrap book paper.



Next, I cut the scrapbook paper to match the heart and glued it to the canvas.  I Coated the canvas with Mod Podge and sprinkled with glitter, hot glued a ribbon to the back and hung it up. 



I love how cheery it makes this spot, now I smile everytime I do dishes.








Sit Relax and Read

20 comments:

Unknown said...

That's very sweet! I like how you used things already on hand.

Nancy

Beck said...

How cute! You always have the BEST ideas! Love this one especially (:

Kaysi said...

Those are fun! I love your bead board back splash by the way!
-Kaysi

Jeanette said...

This is so sweet. Just that added touch that is so special

Jessa said...

So cute and easy. I love this!

Maggie said...

That is really cute Cha Cha - I love it.

Tauni said...

The heart is cute, but I am loving the colors in your kitchen...maybe you'll post a tour?

Tiffany said...

Your heart is super adorable, but I'm with Tauni-your wall in your kitchen is what got me! So cute!
Thanks for sharing!-Tiff

Jessica @ My Quarter Life Crisis said...

is this post about the heart of the blue beadboard? haha :) great job and beautiful kitchen

KimMalk said...

This is easy and cute. Oh, pretty kitchen, too.

KimMalk said...

This is easy and cute. Oh, pretty kitchen, too.

LeAnn said...

Ah, that is sweet!

Unknown said...

Another darling heart! Too sweet!

Cheers!
Tina

Patti @ Pandoras Box said...

Very sweet...Love the beadboard behind your sink!

nest of posies said...

you know i love your kitchen!!! and this little touch of pink against those beautiful blue walls is simply lovely!

brokeintrovert said...

Great job!

Prairie Scraps said...

Very cute and easy idea thanks!

Unknown said...

love this! simple, and super sweet!
thanks for linking up to our friday fun find party! hopefully we'll see you next week...

Carolyn @ My Backyard Eden said...

That is a perfect spot for a little holiday decoration. Something nice to look at when you're doing the dishes!

Thanks again for linking up this week!

Jen @ tatertotsandjello.com said...

I love it! What a cute idea!!!! It is so sweet looking. And your kitchen is just adorable!

XOOX
Jen