Tuesday, February 9, 2010

YOU CAN MAKE A DIFFERENCE

I know that 99.9% of you who read my stuff are women ( sorry guys,  I am not saying you can't help, just that I understand more a woman's heart), and as women we all have a soft place in our hearts for all children.  When we here of children being abused in any way the Momma Bear comes out and we want to protect them.  This is what happened to me yesterday when I was reading Amy's post about sex trafficking of women and children.  I have had a burden for this since, I first learned about it when I was in high school, it sickened me and now as a mother it also angers me.   Amy has given us a great connection to be able to help do something about it.  So please go over and get all the info.   Let me know if you sign up and we can be prayer partners together for these precious girls.


On another note today is roll call to sign up for the Beth Moore Bible study, So Long Insecurity.  So if you are interested go over and get signed  up.  If any of you do please let me know, I would love to be able to look for your comments and chat about the study together.


Thank you  for giving me a place to share my heart and my creative craziness, and thank you to all you precious ones who I have made special connections with, you girls ( and 2 guys ) are amazing.

Sit Relax and Read

7 comments:

Playing Sublimely said...

you rock :)

Emmy said...

Hi! So nice to meet you! Excited about this study!!! Thanks for taking time to say hi! Love knowing another Georgia Siesta!

Have a great (rainy) day!

Emmy : )

Wendy @ Ramblings from the Sunshine State said...

Thank you for your sweet comments!

Allyson/HBMomof2 said...

I went to the one site and read the Introduction and first chapter and immediately downloaded it to the Kindle. I need this. I signed up for the discussion on The LPM Blog also. I don't know if I will have 45 sharpened pencils and a notebook ready, probably not even a clean blanket, but I will be there. Look for me! :o)
Allyson, Huntington Beach, 40 and married! One of the few California Siestas!

Beth said...

So nice to meet you! Thanks for your sweet comment. Can't wait for this study.:)

Joyeful said...

I'm going over there right now. This is so heavy on my heart. It's so real and we definitely need to do all we can to intervene!! So glad you posted about this!

Love your heart!

nest of posies said...

oh my sweet friend!

i am so behind on commenting & looking. i am on a "temp" new project (outside the home, well kinda) that has taken all my computer time away.
i hate that your trip has been cancealed. that is just terrible. you are so sweet to try to think up ideas for those sweet girls to do instead your trip. i hope you all do have a great week even if it is not what you have planned. anxious to hear what you all will be doing.

take care my sweet friend.
to be honest, i think i am going to take a nap with my little sweets this afternoon. shh. don't tell.