Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Lent

As I prepare for Lent I have put much thought and prayer into what I would give up.   Many things have

 come to mind Diet Coke (I have recently gone ahead and done this one),  coffee,  sugar,  T.V......  but none

 of these seemed right.   I wanted to give up something that would make me cling to God harder as well as

 be a sacrifice.   Then it hit me I will give up comments on this blog for forty days.   Don't think your words

 are not meaningful to me because they are ----- too much so.   See my love language is words of affirmation

 (from the book The Five Love Languages) and I think to often I come to you ladies for those words instead

 of my Heavenly Father.



The Lord your God in your midst,
The Mighty One, will save;
He will rejoice over you with gladness,
He will quiet you with His love,
He will rejoice over you with singing.
      Zephaniah 3:17



For the next forty days I want to concentrate on His affirmation and give up worldly affirmation.   I hope you

 will all understand and support this decision.   I do not want to

 lose genuine relationships with you so I will be available through email

( jjones523@gmail.com ) and Facebook for questions and conversations.   I still want to continue both of

 those just not comments telling me I did a good job etc.....



So as of tomorrow the comment section will be turned off for forty days.   I pray that you each draw closer

 to God during this time of preparation.



Sit Relax and Read



To see what Zephaniah 3:17 means to other people
go to Tiffini's blog

4 comments:

Meredith said...

Wow, Cha Cha! Just.. wow.

I know how much comments mean to myself and probably 99% of the bloggers out there, even though (you're right) they're not the praise we should seek. You have really chosen something meaningful this year. Thank you for your thought-provoking words.

Best wishes during the season of Lent,
:) Meredith @ Welcome to Heardmont

Amy @ Positively Splendid said...

Cha Cha - I am absolutely moved by this! What a sacrifice! I'll be praying for you along the way!

Kalleen at Second Street said...

I'm glad I still know how to reach you.

Is your husband scared he'll have to pick up the slack? he he. Mine would.

Thanks for continuing to inspire me to be a better person.

nest of posies said...

holy...moly!

i'm glad i have other ways of contacting you. because there's no way i could go without knowing i had some sort of communication with you.

this is incredible. only YOU would do something like this.

i love you even more.


xoxo
kellie