Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Thrifting With Friends

I just want to drop in this morning to say Hi and let you know what I have been up to.

My parents offered to watch the girls for the weekend so Hubby and I could celebrate my Birthday (it is not until the 10th).  Early Saturday morning Hubby and I got up, packed a bag and drove to Nashville.  We were there so I could meet up with these lovely ladies.

          
Michele from The Scrap Shoppe Blog, Jess from Frugal with a Flourish, Gina from The Shabby Chic Cottage, and you know me.  Amy from Positively Splendid met up with us also,
but she had to leave early.  We had a wonderful breakfast and talked for about two hours about blogging stuff.  If you have a blog and no real life friends who do-----
then you know how nice this is.
After Breakfast we went to Goodwill, they were having a half price day (the Goodwill's near me do not do this,sad).  I bought two things that I will share later.  After this stop it was just Gina and I left (and our wonderful husbands), we went to two Habitat for Humanity Restore, I had never been to one.........
BUT NOW I AM HOOKED.

Here is a sneak peek at what I found and I am working on this week.

My poor Hubby did lots of door holding that day.

After we finished shopping, the four of us had a late lunch and it was so much fun to sit around and talk with them and get to know them better, I will tell you Gina is nicer than you could ever imagine and I am lucky to now call her a friend.

We drove back to Georgia and made a stop in Ellijay for the night.  My dad (my mom was sick) brought the girls up to meet us on Sunday, to go swimming at an indoor pool.




It was lots of fun swimming and my dad and I had a chance to sit and talk business together, he is who I get my entrepreneur spirit from.  Then to finish the weekend out we had Mexican food for dinner, my favorite.

Hope you had a great weekend too.  I will be back tomorrow with a new post.




Sit Relax and Read

8 comments:

Love Being A Nonny said...

Sounds like a perfect weekend to me!

Sally @DrinkingFromMySaucer said...

Sounds like fun! Can't wait to hear about all of your "finds!"

Laryssa Herbert said...

Bummer! So sad that I wasn't able to go. Two of my favorite gals and I missed it. :-(

Michele {The Scrap Shoppe} said...

I think I enjoyed the chatting even more than the thrifting! I really learned a lot from you ladies. It was great to meet you, Cha Cha! Can't wait until we can do this again!

nest of posies said...

how fun!

so glad you all had a great time. thrifting, eating & being with new friends = sounds like a wonderful day.

i KNOW getting away doesn't happen easily for us, so thrilled you got to do it.

can't wait to see what you're doing with the door(s)?.....

have a super day.

;)

Christi @ Writing the Waves said...

What a fun b-day celebration!

Can't wait to see the bargains that you got!

We have a brand new, huge Goodwill store here that I need to go check out! Can you believe that I haven't been yet? Bad blogger! :)

Mrs. Kelley Dibble said...

Happy birthday! I'll be 50 tomorrow, March 9! I'm so happy about that, too!

Looks like your weekend was fabulous!

(Hmm... Four exclamation points!)

Playing Sublimely said...

Oh my what fun, great to see you again friend...