Monday, November 7, 2011

A Thankful Table

 

This morning I thought I would share our Thanksgiving Table with you.

Thankful Tree

 

We made a Thankful Tree again this year.  It is a super simple project to make.

 

Thanksgiving Tablecloth

All you need are some braches from the yard, I spray painted mine white.

Cut some simple leaf shapes from scrapbook paper, gather twine to hang them with and markers to write on them and you are set.

 

Thankful Tree

I put my braches into floral foam and covered it with moss but it work in a vase like I did last year just as well.

 

Thankful Tree

We each write what we are thankful for everyday on a leaf and then hang the leaves on the tree.  I can not wait to see the tree full on

 Thanksgiving Day

I save the leaves from year to year so we can look back on them and see what was on our hearts in the years before.

Thanksgiving Tablecloth

Our tablecloth this year is one I started working on Thanksgiving Day last year.  I had each person at Thanksgiving dinner sign the tablecloth and then I hand embroidered over each name, you can see where I got my idea here.  For the to smallest kids we traced around their hands.  Imagine my shock when I opened my Country Living Magazine this month to find a story of a mother who had done this for years.  I can’t wait to see mine all full of names and years of love and memories of time spent together with family and friends.  My heart aches and my eyes are full of tears just thinking of this.  One day this will be a gift for generations of family to come that I am intentionally making today.  My hope is that they will see it as a legacy of love and thankfulness and be proud to be apart of this family God has placed them in.

 

Thanksgiving Tablecloth

This corner is a beautiful start.

 

Pilgram Salt and Pepper Shakers

 

So do you do anything special with your Thanksgiving Table?

Cha Cha

Between Naps on the Porch
Home Stories A to Z
My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia
Coastal Charm
Savvy Southern Style
The Shabby Creek Cottage
Tatertots and Jello
Funky Junk Interiors

6 comments:

Mandalynn said...

It's BEAUTIFUL!! :) I love the tree, I love the tablecloth, I love the whole room!! :) You have a gift!! :)

Heidi @ Decor & More said...

Wonderful. :) My preschool class is doing a "Gratitude Tree" this week-- I'll be posting it. Too precious. I'm in love with your tablecloth idea!
xo Heidi

Made In The South said...

What a wonderful idea. I love that you are going to just keep adding leaves every year.
You do know that your tablecloth is going to be a keepsake that your kids will fight over? LOL

Anonymous said...

Hello!
I enjoy this whole Thanksgiving Table the room and decorations. I especially like the Thanksgiving Tree...I am going to try this with my family. Thank you for the inspiration!

LeAnn said...

Wonderful!I have been thinking so much on Thanksgiving, but really I can have a tree like that up right now. Thanks!

Chris said...

Hi Cha Cha, I hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving. You certainly put a lot of effort into being thankful and I love your tree. This way it makes people stop and think about their blessings. Great idea. Also, the tablecloth project is wonderful and hopefully over the years it will fill up with wonderful memories. Thanks for sharing. I have recently found your blog and am now following you, and will visit often. Please stop by my blog and perhaps you would like to follow me also. Have a wonderful day. Hugs, Chris