Sunday, November 20, 2011

Sentimental Sunday #43, Roller Picks


Welcome to Sentimental Sunday, my favorite day of the week. The day we all gather together and share what we are sentimental about. It can be anything from an item in your home passed down by a special someone or just a few sweet words about something that has touched your heart this week, the goal is to take a moment and reflect.
Roller Picks

Today I am sentimental about these roller picks, odd huh?
Most of yesterday Hubby and I spent the day stripping and recovering a sofa that my grandmother gave  us.  We still have plenty of work to do on it but that is another story for another day.  Today I want to talk about what we found deep down in the bowels of the sofa….Yep, the roller picks.  Not a single penny or dime but 13 roller picks.  You see my grandmother spent many evenings sitting on the sofa rolling her hair.  I spent many a childhood night sitting and watching her do this night time ritual.  She rolled each strand of hair with great care and patience, the same way she does everything.  I have learned many things from watching her example.  Today I am happy to be reminded of my sweet grandmother and to stop and be thankful for the lesson learned from her.

So what are you sentimental about today?
Cha Cha

3 comments:

Sally @DrinkingFromMySaucer said...

Awwww - what a sweet FIND!!!

Carolyn said...

Charity, as I was reading about you finding your grandmother's roller picks under couch cushions, my mother was getting ready to have her hair rolled on brush rollers with picks. Just had to take a picture to post.

Adelina Priddis said...

How fun you found those!