Saturday, November 13, 2010

Sentimental Sunday #5

                                                                                 Here we are
time for another Sentimental Sunday.
This has by far become my favorite part of blogging,
I love reading each and everyone of your post
they inspire me to look harder at what is around me and find beauty in all that I see.
Your writing has made me cry and made me laugh and I treasure both,
so thank you to each of you who have joined in so far.
If you haven't joined in, I hope you do in the near future,
I would love to know how you decorate with the things that are important to you.

This week I have decided to share with you some sweet little jade eggs.



These eggs were a gift from My Ms Betty, she is a dear friend who I adore.
Her aunt collects jade and had shared some pieces with her and she in turn shared these three eggs with me one year for my birthday.  I have treasured them from day one, they are one of only a few decorations that I have in my bedroom (like so many of you our master bedroom is last on the to do list).  They sit on the dresser under a glass dome and I love looking at them every time I stand there to get ready.


Each of the eggs are hand painted


with flowers and a bird.


Thank you Betty for thinking of me and sharing your inheritance with me,
it is an honor to have them.
Use What You Love

I would love to hear how you decorate with what you love.
Just grab the Sentimental Sunday button off my sidebar and link up your stories.

  
Sit Relax and Read

Sit Relax and Read
Sit Relax and Read Don't forget to come back Monday and link up your Christmas Cards

1 comment:

Grace @ Sense and Simplicity said...

I love your beautiful little painted eggs - that robin's egg blue is my favourite. I have some painted ones that are slightly larger than yours and I never thought to display them on a square tray to hold them in place. Mine are always rolling around. Doh! I'm going to have to find myself something like that. Thanks for hosting the link party.