Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Our Homeschool Room


Well Lovelies
it is that time of year again,
the time where we are gearing up for another school year.
I thought I would give you a look at our
School Room
so you would know where our days will be spent.



This is our school desk, we built it ourselves.
If you are interested in seeing the process you can go here, here, and here









My favorite school supply to open each year is a new box of crayons
What is you favorite new school supply?





A few of the books the girls will be reading this year.



My supply side



Can you tell I have a love of buttons?





The best part of our mantel this Summer has been the sweet little birds nest we found.



The basket on top has all of our read aloud books and our Bible study and the vintage suitcases (from my childhood) store some of my sewing supplies.
You can tell I get in and out of the the bottom one often, I wish I had closed the latches.




The vintage picnic baskets have the girls sewing supplies in them.

I wish I could show the other wall with a pretty camel back sofa, but the sofa is sitting in the basement....
waiting... waiting.. on me to get the nerve up to either try to recover it myself or pay someone else to do it.
Maybe next year, ha.



Sit Relax and Read

18 comments:

Deneen@dreaming-n-color said...

Growing up and through both of my children, opening a box of 64 crayons was my favorite thing! Love the room!

Mom Guide said...

Love the room. It looks so relaxing and inviting.

Kim B said...

The room looks so good. I do love crayons every year even though my little ones are too big for crayons-13,23. I always find a young person who needs some.

Katie said...

Great space! It's so bright & well organized, very condusive to learning.

The Giver is one of my favorite books of all-time. I hope your girls like it!

Dawn said...

I love your space with all the vintage touches.
Blessings,
Dawn

Andréann said...

It'S trully beautiful and inspiring!

Stacy of KSW said...

It's gorgeous! and perfect for your two lovely little ladies. Maybe I'll work up the courage to share our homeschooling space ... not sure why I am so shy about sharing photos of my home. I'll use you as my inspiration!

Rebecca said...

OH,I think I am in love!!! I absolutely LOVE the way you have organized and decorated! I use magazine holders for my kid's books, too! Not too big and yet...sturdy!

Heidi @ Decor & More said...

Such a cool space, Cha Cha-- mind if i come read? Spied lots of my old faves on your shelf!
Heidi @ Show Some Decor

Samantha said...

I love this room! I love those suitcases, they are in great shape and they just add a touch of POP! Thanks for sharing!

Opie Dawn said...

It looks fantastic! You are so good and the girls are lucky to have such a great teacher. Love the crayons too!

The Pennington Point said...

Lovely! It's a great start to a great school year! Lisa~

Tiffany said...

I love the school desk & glass jars!! Thanks for sharing!!

Abby said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Abby said...

Can I just say how much I love this space? Simply beautiful.

Thanks for sharing!

Candace said...

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE your school desk! Just my style. I also like your vintage suitcases. Cute!

Mom of My 3 Kids said...

Absolutely beautiful room!

Anonymous said...

You've done a great job, I just love that workspace! I've got this linked to my homeschooling rooms post too today, well done!