Monday, August 1, 2011

Pinterest Challenge

Have you heard?
Heard about what you ask?
Well the Pinterest challenge of course!
It is a challenge were you take one of your pinned pictures and instead of just drooling over it you actually make it a reality in your home. 
Well count me in.
As you all know I have been working on our family room and dining room since I did the 10 Task in 10 Days Challenge




                I wanted to do a fabric covered table like the one above, to cover up my cubbie table (below).





         I also wanted  my chinoiserie pictures to be the focal point of the dining room like the room above.



So here is my version.
The best part of it is that I still have easy access to all the cubbies underneath, which is necessary since that is where I store all my supplies for my shop

I still need to accessorize the top but that will take an entirely new pin board to figure out.

So for now I am very happy with it.
What do you think?

Come follow me on Pinterest if you want to see what I might be up to next.
And if you are not on Pinterest yet email me ( theheartfelthome@gmail.com ) and I will send you an invitation.


14 comments:

Connie @ Salvage Savvy said...

That looks so, very beautiful! Great job :)
Connie

The Pennington Point said...

It is beautiful! I love the stripe of black across the top. It is so tailored and crisp. It goes well with your curtains. I love it. Now I need to go back through my Pinterest boards to see what I want to try to do. Lisa~

Rachel said...

That is so beautiful! I love it! :)

Tiffini said...

now that sounds like a fun challenge! I am kinda...i say that loosely - doing that in my dining room. The problem is I have lots of projects and haven't the time to complete them because I'm working on other projects...lol!
love your redo though..perfect!
did you recover from roller skating:)
xo

Jennifer said...

Pininterest has become addicting. I've had fun trying new recipes I've pinned. Following you here and on pininterest now.

BluBabesCreate said...

Really sharp and lots of work! Thanks for sharing!

Unknown said...

That is so great. A pinterest challenge is awesome!!

Sommer said...

Holy smokes girl that turned out amazing! I hope you win! I hope you will come show this off at my VIP Party today. http://designergarden.blogspot.com/2011/08/vip-party-22.html

Jenny said...

Looks awesome! I've been wanting to tackle a project like this. Yours turned out beautifully. Love your drapes too!

Michelle @ Delicate Construction said...

This came out great!!! Love the idea! I am visiting from Tatertots and Jello and I am a new follower!! Also, I would love if you would come link this up to my Delicately Constructed Friday party tonight or tomorrow!
Hope you are having a great weekend and I see you around soon!!
Michelle
www.delicateconstruction.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

This turned out very nice. I've been considering the same treatment for my very open / modern desk that floats in the middle of a room ... and all the cords etc. that go with a desk are so easily seen.

Love the drapery border also. You make? Is the border fabric from Premier Prints ... I think it is one I've been admiring.

This is my first time visiting here ... I definitely will be a repeat visitor.

Robin
happilyhomeafter.blogspot.com

The Ellis' said...

That turned out so well. It is gorgeous! We would love for you to share this at our link party and come enter our free digital scrapbooking software giveaway!

Love,
The Sisters @ Six Sister's Stuff

http://sixsistersstuff.blogspot.com/search/label/Strut%20Your%20Stuff%20Saturday

http://sixsistersstuff.blogspot.com/2011/08/my-memories-digital-scrapbooking.html

Stacy of KSW said...

So classy, I love the way you have used Pinterest to bring your home together. I loved watching the living room inspirations you chose and then my mouth just fell to the floor watching you create everything during your 10 in 10 challenge. Keep it up, can't wait to see what you do next!

Sarah @ Simply Sarah Style said...

I love this concept. Your fitted table covering is so classic with clean lines. I would love to do this with my craft table.

Thanks for sharing!