Sunday, August 28, 2011

Sentimental Sunday # 35, Thimble Collection

Welcome to Sentimental Sunday, my favorite day of the week. The day we all gather together and share what we are sentimental about. It can be anything from an item in your home passed down by a special someone or just a few sweet words about something that has touched your heart this week, the goal is to take a moment and reflect.






Today I am sentimental about my thimble collection, it was my mom's and she passed it to me when she moved.

It is a collection gathered over many years and many people have contributed.




Some were ones used by greatgrandmothers and grandmothers,



others were purchased to bring to mind a place we have been.  The Chesapeake Bay is from the only other place I have lived....we lived there for a few months one year while my dad was working there.



Still others were given as a gift.  I am honored to be the keeper of these small reminders of our family's history.

So what are you sentimental about this week?

Grab the button below and link up.


Sit Relax and Read


                                                                                              


Sit Relax and Read

2 comments:

Adelina Priddis said...

Oh my goodness! That reminds me so much of my grandma! I was thinking about writing about her today, and went with something else.

The Pennington Point said...

So sweet! My grandmother had a thimble collection. I have no idea what happened to it. I love that your mom let you have this one...it's so important to pass these things on. I love it! Lisa~