Tuesday, October 4, 2011

31 Days to a Hearfelt Home - Day 4, Marriage




Today is the first day I am going to talk about having a good marriage and it's importance to having a Heartfelt Home.  I have an amazing marriage!  Don't get me wrong we still fuss from time to time but ultimately we want the same things so we can get over it.  We have not always been in this place in our marriage (I tell you this only to give you hope if you are struggling also), we will both tell you that there have been times when it seemed that we might not make it.  So what changed?  The most important thing that changed was becoming intentional about putting God first in our lives and becoming active members in church, not just Sunday morning pew warmers.  Please know I am not saying you have to work to come to God, we were/are secure in our salvation, you must start there - if you have any questions about this please email me, I would love to talk with you.  I believe anytime you are serving God, from the right place in your heart, with someone you can not help but become closer.  I saw this illustration years ago and it has always been such a powerful visual aid for me.





Source: stugray.com via Cha Cha on Pinterest


The closer we each become to God the closer we become to each other.  So by putting God first in my life my marriage is now better.  God's desire is for families isfor them  to stay together and will plant like visions in both hearts if they will come to Him. 

If you are struggling in your marriage take that hurt and pain to God, he can heal it and give you a new love for your husband---a love that is strong and endless.

A husband and wife who love God and but Him first are the best way to a Heartfelt Home.


Sit Relax and Read

If you would like to see all of the series you can click here to see day one and then click on each following day at the bottom of day 1's post

9 comments:

nest of posies said...

i love your honesty & your heart.

xo

Adelina Priddis said...

So true! We were shown this same illustration during our wedding ceremony and it has always stuck with me.

Jessica @ FourGenerationsOneRoof said...

Enjoyed this post :) Thanks for sharing!

OrganizingMadeFun said...

Wonderful! So important for us to glorify God in our marriage and not please each other for our own glory/benefit! I'm very excited to continue reading about this...such great reminders too!

Becky B.
www.organizingmadefun.com
Organizing Made Fun

Kate said...

I appreciate your honesty! Thanks for this post!

Rachel said...

You go girl! :)

Jemsmom said...

Thank you. i needed this today!!!

The Pennington Point said...

I love this! It's a great post...thanks for sharing your heart! Lisa~

Stew said...

I'm sure the depths of your partnership with your loving husband is beyond the cares and wants of any boca raton divorce lawyer for that matter.