Friday, October 7, 2011

Day 7 of 31 Day to a Heartfelt Home, Hands on Homeschool Day #1



My idea for Hands On Homeschool Day is to spend time learning with my kids not at the school desk.  I have a goal for doing at least one thing per week.  It could be a craft, a nature walk, a science experiment, a trip to a museum, learning a new skill.  I want to create memories and to let them learn about things that interest them.  I hope to continue posting about this once a week even after the 31 days are over.  I was even thinking of turning it into a link party.  Would you join in?
This week for Hands On Homeschool I am going to share some pictures from our trip to the beach.  Faith has wanted to be a vet since she was 3 year's old and loves all creatures.  The beach was the perfect place for her to observe new animal life.  She had me taking pictures or every creature she could find and now wants copies of all the pictures so she can put them in her book and write about them.  I love this kid, and if she does become a vet I plan to give her all these books she is putting things in on her graduation day. 

269332
097
052082121139141144219240
159

What have you done with you kids to created memories recently?

2 comments:

Screaming Sardine said...

What a great day at the beach. These are my kind of homeschool days! Kids learn so much more when they're enjoying themselves.

Cheers,
Tracy Screaming Sardine

Edith said...

I would love to home school my son but right now he needs to be in an intensive program that can help him much more than I could by myself.