Monday, October 3, 2011

31 Days to a Heartfelt Home - Day 3, Quiet Time



I can not imagine where my life or home would be without God.  My desire is for Him to come first in my life.  Let's be honest though, in this crazy busy world that is an easy desire to lose sight of. For me the only way to make sure that does not happen is to be very intentional about having a daily quiet time with God.  I set my alarm each morning for somewhere between 4 and 5am.  I know that is scary early to some of you, that doesn't have to be your time.  You just need A TIME!  I get up while my house is still quiet and before my brain is fully aware of the demands of the day.  I pour a cup of coffee, curl up in my favorite spot and I meet God.  I have been intentional about this time for over 8 years now and I know because of that I am changed.  I think back to the person I was and I can honestly tell you I would not have the family, friends, and life that I have without it.  The person I was did not deserve the husband mine has become or the friends that I have made.  Because I chose to put God first He has first changed me and after the people around me started to change.  My prayer is always Lord change me (or almost always, I still mess up).

During much of my morning quiet time I sit in awe of all my Savior has done for me.  He did everything by dying on the cross so all that I have to do is say yes to Him.  Reflecting on and feeling that kind  love cannot help but change a person.  I am still so struck by the fact that He loved me, my selfish self, enough to die.  That there was or is nothing that I can do to make Him love me more.  I hope you know His love and that you will be intentional about spending time with the One Who Truly Loves You.




Sit Relax and Read

To follow along with all of this series click here to start with day 1 and then follow the links at the bottom of the post for the other days.

5 comments:

This Is Stupid said...

SO true! We did nothing to deserve His lavish gifts, in light of how wretched we truly are. You inspire me!! Love you friend =)

Rachel said...

Thank you for heading this direction with your blog. I am loving it. :)

Tra La La Boom De Ay said...

God on Monday morning and not a spiritual Sunday. I LOVE IT! and I love the Lord also. Be blessed sister.

Adelina Priddis said...

Beautiful post. I love getting up early to spend time in the scriptures. It is a wonderful start to each and every day.

The Pennington Point said...

Beautiful. I love this post. You are such a sweet, encouraging friend. Lisa~