Saturday, June 26, 2010

RECYCLE

Do you save glass jars?

I do, I use them for all kinds of things.

My latest project was to make storage contaners for our basement bathroom,

we had guest stay with us this week and I wanted everything out in the open were they could find it.



I used a crazy assortment of jars



a pickle jar
a cherry jar



a pesto jar
and
an old canning jar that a sweet friend had given me.



I sanded the lids to scuff them up









Painted them a grey blue

and

sealed them with MOD PODGE





and now I have pretty containers

without spending any money.









While we are down here

why don't I show you around


This is my favorite colletion

I love beauty products old and new



and the sweet little cabinet they sit in makes me smile.



I have an old bed pan hanging on the wall with magazines
(sorry Gwen) 



This old Borax dispenser hangs over the sink and still works

I bought it a few years ago in CA while on vacation



A chubby baby in a wash tub what could be cuter



and then there is the sign that shows just how weird my sense of humor is



and finally the sign that started it all



this sweet girl is on the door to tell you good bye as you leave



oh, wait I forgot one of my favorite things



the handles on the cabinet



I just love how vintage they are.



Hope you enjyed the tour and have

been inspired to recycle a glass jar in a new way.

Cha Cha

22 comments:

Aiming4Simple said...

Love your ideas! I am inspired to use more jars now!

Jeanette said...

That has to be the cutest bathroom I have ever seen. Such clever ideas!

Kalleen at Second Street said...

I love your bathroom. I think bathrooms are so fun to decorate. I wish i didn't have small kids and could do something like you. All those cute things would last two seconds with my 3 year old. I love the white and blue soap, the cabinet and the blow dryer together. It's all so cute. You have a serious talent for decorating.

PS I don't think I've seen my husband anymore this summer than when school's in. Does your hubby have the summer off?

Amanda said...

Very cool! I have dozens of glass jars just waiting for a cute use! Thanks for sharing. Your bathroom is amazing!

This Is Stupid said...

I was thinking about you the other day! Ya'll doing well this summer?!
You just amaze me with your cute ideas!

The Pennington Point said...

Very cute! Can I come stay? Lisa~

Unknown said...

Cha Cha,
I love how you recycled those jars! I just love creative and cute recycle projects. Also, I am the same way; I like to have things out so people can find what they need. Your bath is so cute and I got a kick out of the signs and other things you have displayed there. Good job on creating a fun and vintage bath!

Hugs,
Nancy

Jemsmom said...

Those jars are perfect!!! I would have never thought of that! You are just too clever!

Marie@Procrastinating in Pink said...

I love your bathroom! My fave is all the bars of soap in the jar! Very cute!

gin said...

I like the jar idea. your bath is so cute.

Between You and Me said...

love this room...and all your goodies!

Happy Weekend!

Tra La La Boom De Ay said...

Wahoooo! This is the best post ever! Luuuuuuv it!

Opie Dawn said...

Drab to fab jars! What a great transformation!

Diane said...

Great use of all those jars that would other wise end up in the landfill. Everything looks so cute and vintage.

Jennifer Juniper said...

I love the idea of coordinating all these jars by spray painting the lids. You ended up with a funky, eclectic bathroom!

Jackie said...

okay - so I am super excited that i found your blog and this post today! I've been wanting to start save my glass jars but the other day when I was cleaning one out I decided to just recycle it b/c I didn't like the top. Not sure why I never thought to paint them!!!! thanks :)

Danielle said...

I absolutely love your vintage-y bathroom! It is so cute and welcoming :)

Rustown Mom said...

I think you have inspired me to find a use for the many odd jars I have that I don't use for canning! I just love FREE decorating!

Wendy said...

I too love using jars! What a great bathroom you have!

Kelli W said...

Your bathroom is so cute! I love the vintage look! And how cute did those jars turn out...I love that they were basically free and still look so cute!

Country Mouse said...

Thanks for sharing your bathroom!!! It's so cute!!! I love how you used simple jars for storage! Great idea! I love the Snapple Drink Jars, they are so pretty...I just don't konw what to do with them, I hate throwing them away.
Have a great day!

Jennifer said...

This is a wonderful way to reuse!! I am going to be featuring your jars on my blog for Keeping America Beautiful Month!
Jennifer
http://craftyhair.blogspot.com