Sunday, June 6, 2010

PLEATED BEDSKIRT




So you lovelies remember the before picture of Big Sister's ( my oldest daughter) room. We had given the girls their own rooms last summer. I painted the room then with colors and a border that she picked out but that was the end of what we got done before the kitchen fell apart.  Then in the fall I managed to find time to make drapes but since then nothing....



Well, it is time for that to change so we got busy making a new pleated bedskirt.



I start by laying down a cheap flat sheet to use as the base,



then use a Sharpie to mark around the edges of the box spring so I will know where to attach the fabric.



I used this time to teach Big Sister some sewing techniques, she did really well



We made it extra long with pleats



I am very pleased with it and can't wait to show you what we are working on now.

Cha Cha

11 comments:

Unknown said...

How truly neat! That's an awesome way to make a bedskirt. And yay for Miss Big Sister! She looks like she's really into the sewing. Good for her!

Can't wait to see more pics...

xoxoxo,
Nancy

black eyed susans kitchen said...

What a beautiful custom skirt that is. It changes the look of the bed completely.

Kat said...

That looks fabulous and you used it as a teaching opportunity!!! Way to go! Can't wait to see what's next!

Miss Jan said...

Beautiful! Cheers to Big Sister for sewing...I will file that information for further use!!!

The Pennington Point said...

Big sister sewing is my favorite part of the post. We've got to pass sewing skills down to the next generations. I can't wait to see the finished room. Lisa~

Maine Mummy said...

Oh dear, now I have another project for our master bedroom!

Unknown said...

Great ideal for a custom bedskirt. I can't wait to see what other wonderful ideals you come up with for the room. Thanks for sharing.
Sandy

nest of posies said...

oh dear heavens!
that fabric is just beautiful! so gorgeous. cha cha, you are so good at making bed linens! i couldn't imagine taking a project on like this. this little peek inside her room is already beautiful. and that paint color with the white trim looks wonderful! can't wait to see more.
look at big sister, too! you know, my mom tried to teach me how to sew so many times. wished i paid attention during those many times. how wonderful for her. a newly decorated room AND a great skill to learn!

lovely in every way!

Decor To Adore said...

Yet another generation of sewers are created~yeah!

Lynne (lynnesgiftsfromtheheart) said...

You've made a beautiful custom made bedskirt... I love the pattern, length, pleats.. it is gorgeous.. hugs ~lynne~

Unknown said...

It looks great! I so need to do this in our master. Very cool that you are teaching your daughter how to sew!